• SCOTT GAMBLER 730

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Axl00

Chimp
Jun 25, 2016
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
hello, i am new to the forum, i am from Belgium so sorry for the bad english.
I can't decide between the TREK SESSION 8 (€3.999) or the SCOTT GAMBLER 730 (€3.699)... it would be my first DH bike. Now i have a Giant Trance X 29''.
can you give your opinion? Thank you!

Last edited:

Axl00

Chimp
Jun 25, 2016
those are both banger bikes for being a first DH bike.. cant go wrong with either

i would pick the trek just because maintenance on a gambler frame looks like an acid trip
Yes but the trek costs more.. I am searching for the best bike for less than €4000 and those two are my favourites

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Yes but the trek costs more.. I am searching for the best bike for less than €4000 and those two are my favourites
Being from Belgium, why not go for a YT Tues or Canyon Sender? The Sender is pretty well equipped despite the carbon frame and the YT starts at an unbeatable 2300€ for the Aluminum version, while the Tues CF comp is still cheaper than both your picks. I'd also look at the Giant Glory 1, which can also be found for 3499€.

Axl00

Chimp
Jun 25, 2016
I
Being from Belgium, why not go for a YT Tues or Canyon Sender? The Sender is pretty well equipped despite the carbon frame and the YT starts at an unbeatable 2300€ for the Aluminum version, while the Tues CF comp is still cheaper than both your picks. I'd also look at the Giant Glory 1, which can also be found for 3499€.
They say that the YT Tues even better is than the demo 8? is that true? And i didn't even think about canyon..
Now that I 've seen the canyon Sender reviews i realy like it haha , especially for that price!

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I

They say that the YT Tues even better is than the demo 8? is that true? And i didn't even think about canyon..
Now that I 've seen the canyon Sender reviews i realy like it haha , especially for that price!
Never rode a Demo and this comes down to personal preference, but i found the Tues very easy to get along with. If you take value for money into the equation, the Tues is very hard to beat.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Yes.

In the US, specialized is better than YT with warranty replacements. That may be a different story in Europe though.

Speaking of which, maybe get a nukeproof bike from chain reaction. Buy it right now and it's probably really cheap. :D

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Yes.

In the US, specialized is better than YT with warranty replacements. That may be a different story in Europe though.

Speaking of which, maybe get a nukeproof bike from chain reaction. Buy it right now and it's probably really cheap. :D
Have you dealt with YT on warranty in the US? I have. I cracked the seat stay and they had me a new one for free in less than a week. They also voluntarily did a free recall on the Renthal stem and had that sent within a few days. Their service has been fantastic so far for me.

I like the ride of the Tues a lot more than my Demo 8 for sure. Great neutral feeling bike.

-Brett

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Have you dealt with YT on warranty in the US? I have. I cracked the seat stay and they had me a new one for free in less than a week. They also voluntarily did a free recall on the Renthal stem and had that sent within a few days. Their service has been fantastic so far for me.

I like the ride of the Tues a lot more than my Demo 8 for sure. Great neutral feeling bike.

-Brett
I haven't directly because I don't own one. But I know 4 out of 4 of the guys who work there. And there are quite a few floating around where I live because of the vicinity.

It's no statement on their business practices or anything, it just depends on what they have in stock. They'll definitely replace things if they have them there. Last year they had a bit of a supply problem and some people had to wait. Maybe that's different this year but YT north america was not setup like YT in Germany.

They do large, singular shipments and it depends a lot on what's available from the mothership. Go look at their wait times for some of their bikes on their website this year. The warranty supply is the same pipeline. They'll get it worked out, last year arguably had some growing pains. And it's only a comparison to the big S which has basically a policy of just sending you a frame, 5 minutes after you sneeze. It's the company being compared as much as YT's own merit. They just started. Specialized has been around a lot longer, has bigger margins and much more experience.

Personally, I don't give a shit, a tues is probably my next dh frame. But I can go down there and be a dick/begging crybaby if I have to. And yeah, riding one of those next to a demo is comedy. Especially once you get on the pedals.