Quantcast

Help on 2009 US open

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Hey Everyone,

I saw that a addition of a junior class will be established for this years US open at Diablo. What kind of racers would enter this class?

Pretty sinple question, but I was confused when I read it.

Thank you,

Austin

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Hey Everyone,

I saw that a addition of a junior class will be established for this years US open at Diablo. What kind of racers would enter this class?

Pretty sinple question, but I was confused when I read it.

Thank you,

Austin
were you confused when you read:
- Junior Men (18 and under)
- Junior Women (18 and under)
?

& NAMBLA members?

-ska todd
the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alike's dont fall under this category

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Ive always wanted to see some DH/trail/obstacles incorporated into a slalom event. Make it a bit less bmx-groomed and more mtb carnage.

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
There are only two classes at the U.S. Open: amateur and pro. Among these two, only amateur has an age group break-down- 18&under (junior) and 19&older (senior). If you enter amateur, you are automatically entered into the appropriate age group based on your age the day of the race.

If you have a pro license, or you would like to see how you compare to the likes of Sam Hill, Steve Smith, Bryn Atkinson, etc... enter as a pro. Otherwise, enter amateur... it's still ultra-competitive.

Hope that clears up the confusion...

Last edited:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
In 2008 top five pros/elites were

1.S. Smith 2:36
2.S. Hill 2:37
3.B. Atkinson 2:38
4.M. Lehikoinen 2:41
5.A. Neethling 2:41

2008 Top five amatuers ( all juniors)

1.N. Mulally 2:48
2.P. kmetz 2:51
3.Z Faulkner 2:52
4.E Quehl 2:52
5.R Rude 2:57

Don't know if that helps you or not.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
There are only two classes at the U.S. Open: amateur and pro. Among these two, only amateur has an age group break-down. If you enter amateur, you are automatically entered into the appropriate age group based on your age the day of the race.

If you have a pro license, or you would like to see how you compare to the likes of Sam Hill, Steve Smith, Bryn Atkinson, etc... enter as a pro. Otherwise, enter amateur... it's still ultra-competitive.

Hope that clears up the confusion...
Dude, it says on there website that a addition of a junior class will be added for this years US open.