Quantcast

HELP.. on djing

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Hey im pretty new at biking and especially dirt jumping.. i have a dirt jumping frame and everything.. but i just seem to suck at jumping..:help: .. all my friends are wicked jumpers.. doing all these fancy tricks.. im not really intrested in tricks right now.. but i just wanna get air!! when i go i just cant seem to get any.. i always case the jumps.. even my friend with a super heavy fully can jump higher than me. please gimme a few tips

thanks

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
joeyhow said:
It's all about rythem and being comfortable on your bike. Just keep riding. You'll know when you start feeling it.
^ Yep.

Dirt Jumping is about pumping. Basicly, pushing your rear wheel into the lip, and going off, (not so much about your arms like some beginners think).

It's hard to explain. Just keep riding as much as possible and you will get it.

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Don't worry about those heavy fully's getting more air than you. Fully's (if you know how to work them good) are generally good for dirtjumping because the boost they give you. Since you're on a hardtail it's more relied on you to get that boost. When you're just about to leave the lip of the first jump, really pull you're body and bike up trying to get as high as you can. After if you're still casing but you're getting more hiegth than just practice and a flow will start to develop.