Quantcast

Help with dee max rims

intensem1

Monkey
Oct 15, 2006
I have a pair of dee max rims, i think that they are from 2003.I need to replace the rims, and have the hubs relaced.Ive been told that i have to lace the hubs to a new dee max rim, because of the spoke length and spoke type.Is this true or can i lace them to a new mavic 721 rim ? Thanks anything helps

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
you can get any size spoke you want. just need to figure out your length and diameter sizes and order them up.

here is the calculator download

then just find your spokes

have fun.
Doesnt quite work that way with Deemax wheels, there are only so many sizes made for the hub and rim combo, its not a normal standard spoke, its tehre specific spoke which are front left front right rear left and rear right specific, and than you have another set for disc wheel

intensem1

Monkey
Oct 15, 2006
Well my dee max wheels are yellow and 36 hole, but not tubeless ,i thought that they were from 2003. Also i didnt buy them new, they came on my bike.

Squeegee

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
DC Metro area
Speaking of Dee-Max, I had a set for a short while that were causing my brakes to squeal, Mavic said it could have to do with spoke tension...anyone else had the same experience?

I could never get it to stop so luckily the guy I bought them from took them back...but I really wanted to keep them (esp at $250 almost brand new)