Quantcast

Help with hangers!!!???

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
:confused: Whats up all you little monkeys? I have an older M2 Specialized Stumpy, that came with an 8spd rapid rise XTR rear deraileur...I am trying to revive the beast to get it up and going for winter duties, the problem is this: the rear hanger is so bent, the chainline is fully shot, and won't hold gears under stress. I have been to a few shops, but they have been no help in procurring a replacement (even the Specialized dealers!!...ummm, can you say "clueless" Zanes!? Its a CT thing) Does anyone know how to get ahold of a hanger for the '98-'99 lines of M2s? (Specialized's site was no help either) I have put way too much into this rig to let it go at this point! Thanks for any help.:help: :confused:

G

gravity

have you contacted specialized directly? ie via phone or email? if you havent then thats the obvious thing to do. they should be able to help, if they are just generally unhelpful, whinge until they do something about it. they always give in in the end :D

alex spencer

Chimp
Aug 5, 2001
england
if you get desperate contact an engineering firm, they should be able to make some for you, they'd probably be stronger than the originals too.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Thanks for the info, (and Specialized was very unhelpfull by the way). One more question for you all: what are peoples' experiences with the Avid Roll-a-magig? I put one on my Isis and now the rear deraileur seems much more sensitve to suspension induced shifting than ever before. Anyone had similar problems? Or know of a fix? Thanks!:confused:

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
I think that I am going to try a shop that I've been told would have a bunch in stock (where is area code 408, if thats a bust I'll look elseware. It's so messed up that an authorized dealer wouldn't have a mechanic or salesperson that knew any info on the bike, I mean it isn't that old! The frame is sweet as is, and has withstood many years of abnormal abuse (as has my back...that sucker is stiff!:eek:) I just want to rig it up to last through winter and night duties instead of running the Isis in the snow and slush. Peace all!

ZOG

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
CT
Go to the Biker's Edge in Bristol, CT. Ask for Ed or Bob. Very large and knowledgeable Specialized Dealer with lots of parts in stock. (860-582-7770 I think)

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Thanks bro, I'm not sure exactly where Bristol is, but if i'm ever there I'l hunt down this shop. We've only been here about a year, and unfortunately, we haven't had too much time to explore alot of the state...hey, you should show us around your neck of the state some time!:thumb: nuthin' better than new single track, eh?:D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by VTinCT
I think that I am going to try a shop that I've been told would have a bunch in stock (where is area code 408, if thats a bust I'll look elseware. It's so messed up that an authorized dealer wouldn't have a mechanic or salesperson that knew any info on the bike, I mean it isn't that old! The frame is sweet as is, and has withstood many years of abnormal abuse (as has my back...that sucker is stiff!:eek:) I just want to rig it up to last through winter and night duties instead of running the Isis in the snow and slush. Peace all!
Morgan Hill, California. I'm about an hour from there.