Quantcast

Help with Manitou Dorado Crown

Brazil_boy

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Brazil_Texas
Hi guys, I've got broken my manitou lower crown. As I've serched, I realized that I can't find it anywhere.

I tried to contact manitou, but they didn't answered me, and I tried to send e-mails to some bikeshop but I haven't had luck.
I'm desperate because a friend of mine told me that I'll never find it anymore.

Does anybody know where I can find it, or if you have one that you can sell to me, I'd be really glad.

Thanks, Andre

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
uhh.......you should be able to get one from Answer. I'd try asking or going to my LBS and see what they can get you. I'm sure it won't be cheap though.

I didn't see any on BTI's site though they didn't have a ton of Answer products. I'm guessing it might be a direct part OR from another supplier. I dunno what to tell you as far as costs go but it's gotta be atleast a $175+ part easy. New lower crown + steer tube is the only way you'll find it.

If you can't find any info Go-ride might be able to help you atleast find out pricing and such.

Brazil_boy

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Brazil_Texas
Thank you Spunger, I've tried to contact Manitou, and my LBS told me that you wouldn't be abble to get one right way, because manitou is not doing dorado stuff anymore. I hope this is bull ****, otherwise I don't know what to do.
if you really could see it at your LBS, I'd be really glad, any help is welcome.

Thank you man ,
Andre.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
how did you manage to break your crown man? i am thinking that it was a really big force. so, check the carbon on the fork, make sure there isn't any cracks on it coz hair line cracks is a sign of failure.
adam.

Brazil_boy

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Brazil_Texas
I e-mailed him... I hope he helps me.

About the fork, I've never seen anything broken like that. I'm trying to post the pic. but it's too big... you should see how it is. It's the most strange thing I've ever seen.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
That's not a crown, that's actually the right-side uppers and unfortunately will probably more than $175.

Damn.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Damn. That's definately going to more than $175. I'm not positive on this, but if the uppers can't be sperated from the lowers, you're going to have to replace the entire right leg, and that can't be cheap.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, i feel your pain. i had a friend who blew his compression and rebound on him dorado a week before a race and he was in peices after that. are you sure you didn't hit a tree or something like that?

Brazil_boy

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Brazil_Texas
hey dhkid, I didn't hit anything. I was on my run, then I started hearing strange noises, but I went down the montain, and when I looked at the fork there was nothing.
I thought it was the frame, or something else. after 2 weeks, I went to my garage to see the bike, then I saw that was too much oil on the floor, when I saw the fork, I was in panic. I thought someone hit it with something, but no one ate my house did it. It might have broken at the race... I don't know.