Quantcast

Hemlock DH Race (Canada)~ Who's going?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Hemlock race in BC (about an hour outside of Mission)
June 3rd-5th

The husband and I are going...along with Mr. R. Wilson :D ...
Hope to see some of you :monkey:'s there.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
You guys heading up to practice Fri? (I don't think we can but I think it's awesome that they have the option!)
Yeah, we are taking off Friday am.. Good to know you are going!! Should be fun! :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
What are you building up?? Hopefully you can make it!
A Six Pack with a 36. I should have all the parts by next week (and in the poor house for the rest of the summer :angry: ) I could ride the team Rail, but I'm not sure if I'll need more travel on the course.

Does anyone have a link for the race?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Im going with my family its my bday and they are going to watch me race! Is there any place close to the mountain besides the little resort? Harrison is 40 minutes away and that just seems out of the way.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Gex said:
Im going with my family its my bday and they are going to watch me race! Is there any place close to the mountain besides the little resort? Harrison is 40 minutes away and that just seems out of the way.
don't know...We need to figure out where we are staying as well. Probably try and camp...depending on weather.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
don't know...We need to figure out where we are staying as well. Probably try and camp...depending on weather.
It looks like we are getting a chalet. If you and Ethan want to snag a room let me know. They all have like 3+ bed rooms.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
It looks like we are getting a chalet. If you and Ethan want to snag a room let me know. They all have like 3+ bed rooms.
That would be sweet. Where is it at?? On the mtn? Can you email me with the details..

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
We are sending some riders. Haven't got an answer from SISU or anyone, what's the deal with day licenses up there?

How much? That all we need?

Season license I know ya need a Canadian address, plus doubt I will get to enough events to make it worth it.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
mplutodh1 said:
We are sending some riders. Haven't got an answer from SISU or anyone, what's the deal with day licenses up there?

How much? That all we need?

Season license I know ya need a Canadian address, plus doubt I will get to enough events to make it worth it.
I'm not totally sure. I want to race expert, but think I have to have the international...they won't do a day for expert or pro! I think.... :rolleyes:

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
The key to BC Cups is to pre register, then you don't have to worry about the day license.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
NateH said:
The key to BC Cups is to pre register, then you don't have to worry about the day license.
Ok...so if I pre-register as expert, I don't have to have a international license??

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Ok...so if I pre-register as expert, I don't have to have a international license??
I don't think so. Oly pre-registered as an expert last year at Mt. WA and he didn't have to get one, but all the guys that didn't pre-register had to race sport.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
I don't think so. Oly pre-registered as an expert last year at Mt. WA and he didn't have to get one, but all the guys that didn't pre-register had to race sport.
That would be sweet if I don't have to have one. Maybe I'll pre-register today and see what happens. Thanks,

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
It says on the one day event form that you can only use that 3 times. So does anyone know if you have to have a CBC license in addition to an International to race more than 3 events?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
It says on the one day event form that you can only use that 3 times. So does anyone know if you have to have a CBC license in addition to an International to race more than 3 events?
I've put in an email to find out how the heck it works. I tried to pre-register both Ethan and I, and it's making me check the day license ($10) for both of us even though Ethan shouldn't have too according to people on this thread...I'll let you know.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
MUTOLI said:
I've put in an email to find out how the heck it works. I tried to pre-register both Ethan and I, and it's making me check the day license ($10) for both of us even though Ethan shouldn't have too according to people on this thread...I'll let you know.
Cool....I've put an email into them as well :)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Well at this point I think I am bailing, I am burned out, a few team members will be heading up there though.

I've put the team as my #1 priority for the past 3 years and it's taken its toll on me. Hopefully the desire to race will be back soon so I can hit up a few races this summer.

Have fun everyone! Good luck.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
two1 said:
Does anyone know anything about accomodations? Camping/Chalets, pricing, etc?
I e-mailed them about onsite camping since we have a trailer, and they said there was plenty of room for the Hemlock site.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
This is the response I got. it still leaves me with a few questions.

"hi matt

(first off, my name is gary not sir)

i can let you race pro/elite with a norba semi-pro license but it would have to be a international license. it is mostly to do with the insurance.
you could also buy a cycling BC licnese and that would work.

see you there, (it is a very good course)
gary

At 11:58 AM 23/05/2005, you wrote:

> Sir,
> I plan on racing the Hemlock festival on June 5th. I have a NORBA Semi Pro licenses for Downhill but not an International Licenses. I am not concerned about collecting point, mostly being grouped with equal racers. What do I need to do? "

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
66 said:

"hi matt

i can let you race pro/elite with a norba semi-pro license but it would have to be a international license. it is mostly to do with the insurance.

gary

> Sir,
> I plan on racing the Hemlock festival on June 5th. I have a NORBA Semi Pro licenses for Downhill but not an International Licenses. I am not concerned about collecting point, mostly being grouped with equal racers. What do I need to do? "
Dude, I guess they don't like to be called sir up there :rolleyes:

So you can race pro if you get a BC license? Like a one day?

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
66 said:

"hi matt

gary

> Sir,
Hmmm...so it sounds as if an international will do the trick though? Hopefully it will :)

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Who's reserved the snowflake Chalet's for the 3rd and 4th?

Do you have room for two more?