Quantcast

Here are some times to put to the age old moto vs DH comparison

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I finally found some times to put to this argument and thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing them.

There was a test done recently, moto's vs DH bikes. They didn't want the DH bikes to just put it in 5th gear and run away with it so they picked a very steep techy course, lots of wet roots, drops, and rock faces. This course is so bad that the last race there resulted in about 30 competitors going to the hospital (sounds fishy, but that's what I read anyway).

They used two dh racers who had previously won on this course and two moto racers. The moto guys turned in times of 1:22 and 1:15. The DH guys turned in a 1:19 and 1:13.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by crashing_sux
One more relavant piece of information.

The motos were going uphill :D
er, i don't see how this helps clear up the argument at all. down vs. up is a big deal.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by Toshi
er, i don't see how this helps clear up the argument at all. down vs. up is a big deal.
It was just a joke, I thought the original argument was ridiculous so when I saw this I had to post it. Still, even the DH riders were slack jawed watching the trials moto guys ride up 7' rock drops.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Yeah i've been surprised at what fat lazy rednecks can do with a motor myself:D

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by Lexx D
Yeah i've been surprised at what fat lazy rednecks can do with a motor myself:D
Whenever I think of rednecks I think of people from specific parts of the US. Although there are a few us moto trials riders usually I associate them with scrawny little Euro dudes.