May 2, 2004
quebec

2004 v10 medium
5th element
thomson elite post
hope mono 6 ti discs
saint cranks
mrp slalom systhem 2 ( only guide that works for my cranks) 38t
atom lab trail king pedals ( got them greased up again...)
king headset
race face diabolous stem
rear hadley 12 mm hub
front dt swiss hugi fr
boxxer race with black box
normally run michelin 2.8 f 2.5 r ( maxxis are for riding in street)
shimano 105 derailleur
xtr shifter
titec ringleader bar
my old 4 year old tioga multy control seat

thats about it.

So far rides like a dream.And im loving the floater and so on can go for ours...

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Sweeet ride. What does the Black box add to the boxxer? Compression adj? Or does it change the dampening from Hc2 or what not?

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Kornphlake thats not a hockey card lol its my bromont pass

Shmoe only one chain guide fits and its a mrp slalom with a 38 t ring.All take pics the clearence is by just a hair or so.Put it works awsomely and it doesn't rub.Wen i ordered my srs it coud of been moded but i didn't want to take the risk and it not working.

For the questions about the black box.It helps the fork in tromendous ways.Went from all dirty nasty fealing to smooth as butter.I coudn't get the mojo so i went black boxed.And i do not regret it at all.

For my race i dont know i think it changes the damping.Im not shure thow.

Enyhow thanks for your comments.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya im acking to try her out this weekend.Im probly gona be full weekend at bromont.

Sor far she rides super well.And the suspention design is fanominal.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
How much does it weigh? (the build seems fairly light) I like v10's, but I have yet to see one built into the lower 40's.....

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya the bike has changed. a little heres a new pic.

Brian the brakes aren't stoppind enymore.A shop who converted my wheels with stans got stans all over my rotors.And its been a pain to get them disscontaminated.

Sinc eyou are the hope master.Do you have an idea wat i coud do to disscontaminate.

I used to run a easton dh carbon bar on my triasl bike.So i put it on my v10 to get lower rise.

heres a pic :thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
p-spec said:
saint cranks
mrp slalom systhem 2 ( only guide that works for my cranks) 38t

e.thirteen SRS fits with Saints on a V10. See Marla Streb's bike. Its not somehting that we recommend though, becuase using saints on a V10 give far too narrow of a chinaline for a DH bike. Marla's V10 uses a 135 spacing hub in back to give the rigt chainline with the Saints.

Have fun with the bike!

Dave

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya.I havn't had problemes with my chainline so far.Allot of spacing probs thow lol.Witch were mostly to get the chainline as perfect as i coud.

Yes its a pretty light v10.With the internet specs.Its like 39.5 .

But thats always wrong.

Fro example my trals bike weights 19.6 pounds net specs.Its about 22 pounds real life.

But yes its a very light dh bike.And i love it.

Just need to get that stans off :angry: :angry: :think:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Shmoe said:
How did you get saint cranks to work.. any mods? I was told they would not work at all.. Id consider running them if they work..
Your chainline will be pretty poor for DH with Saints on a V10 unless you run your chianring in the big ring position. Even with that, the chainline is really narrow. A 128 spindle will work MUCH better on the V10 frame IMO.

The LunaChix are running SRS guides with Saints this year and after pre-season testing, and a lot of talking between SantCruz, e.thirteen, and mechanics at Luna, we all unanimously decided that the bikes would need a narrower rear hub spacing/ chainline to work correctly with the Saints. Santa Cruz made up some narrower dropouts and the chainlines on the team bikes are good now.

The mrp there on the stock bike works because the ring is mounted in the big ring position, like a Foes.

Dave

Jul 28, 2004
v10's kick ass dude...by the way to answer whoever mine was down at 42 lbs with tubeless and ti spring...currently 43 with tubes. Dude had one at 41lbs so it is possible...just think light!!

But v10's kick ass.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
p-spec said:
Ya the bike has changed. a little heres a new pic.

Brian the brakes aren't stoppind enymore.A shop who converted my wheels with stans got stans all over my rotors.And its been a pain to get them disscontaminated.

Sinc eyou are the hope master.Do you have an idea wat i coud do to disscontaminate.

I used to run a easton dh carbon bar on my triasl bike.So i put it on my v10 to get lower rise.

heres a pic :thumb:
Did you try rubbing alcohol? If that didn't work, try some acetone (nail polish remover), but don't get any on the black spider and it may take off the finish.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
dhrider said:
lefty that has got to be the gayest pic. ive ever seen.... it actaully scares me. and to p-spec HELL YAH, kick ass bike man

Well no, i don;t think it is gay at all..it is just for fun. Not to be taken seriously. But i found it here at ridemonkey somewhere. I am sure David Hazelhof..and that brown kid..in front of his knightrider car, is much more gay, than this.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
p-spec said:
uhh, those brakes didnt have power before your wheels were converted, remember i was there?

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
zedro said:
uhh, those brakes didnt have power before your wheels were converted, remember i was there?
Yes correct.

But now they dont even stop.Like before i coud stop atleast decently.Now its like not even stoppind.I roll down like my driveway slowly and i can't stop.

Gona use this acetone idea pretty shure and hopefully it well work.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
p-spec said:
Yes correct.

But now they dont even stop.Like before i coud stop atleast decently.Now its like not even stoppind.I roll down like my driveway slowly and i can't stop.

Gona use this acetone idea pretty shure and hopefully it well work.
dude, we couldnt lock the brakes in the shop before the Stans. Dont blame the mecanic on a total dumb assumption for a problem you had even before that... :rolleyes:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Cause my buddy told me who was doing my wheels.He opened the bottom it went all over my bike including my rotors and such.

Doesn't matter enymore.

Brians trick with the acetone worked out perfecly!