Quantcast

Hereford Fall Festival, October 21 - 22

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Ok VA type monkies, who's going?

The Frito Bandito and I will be making the pilgrimage if funds allow.
Any other members of Team Fat Kids going to make a showing?

Maybe a caravan up there, perhaps group camping/hoteling. Let me know.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
DS and Dirt Jumping pounding upon the blessed skin of great Mother Earth for the unvested entertainment of the masses in the land known as PA.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
OK, where the fudge is Hereferd. I was under the impression it was in MD just north of Baltimore, not in PA. Could somebody confirm the location by posting directions?

Racer's edge has a schedule posted on their website:

cut and paste:

Biketoberfest
At The 8th Annual, Hereford Fall Festival
October 21-22, 2006

Events Include:
Mountain Bike and BMX Dual Races
Exhibition Dirt Jump Competition
Mini-Motocross

Schedule of events
Saturday
Oct. 21, 2006 10:00am. Gates Open! Registration and practice open for
TheBicycle Dual Races. Cost: $15
12:00 pm. Registration closes for the Dual Races.
12:45 pm. Mandatory Rider meeting @ Dual start.
1:00 pm. Dual Qualifiers, each rider will complete
one timed run to create seeding order. ALL riders will qualify.
2:30 pm. Mongoose* Exhibition Dirt Jump comp.
3:30 pm. Dual track closed for practice.
4:00 pm. Dual Finals. Head to head elimination!
Awards to follow immediately!
6:00 pm. Mid-Atlantic Cup Awards Banquet @ Hereford Volunteer Fire Company Ball room.
Sunday
Oct. 22, 2006 10:00am. Gates Open! Registration and practice open for Mini-
Motocross. Four-stroke mini bikes only, 150cc or less.
NO exceptions. Cost: $20
11:30am. Registration closes for Mini-Motocross.
12:00 pm. Practice sessions close. Each class will have separate
sessions – TBD at the event.
12:15 pm Mandatory Rider meeting @ start.
1:00 pm. Heat #1 of Mini-Motocross.
4:00 pm. Races conclude, Award Ceremony to follow.

*All events are rain or shine, schedule is subject change*

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
OK, where the fudge is Hereferd. I was under the impression it was in MD just north of Baltimore, not in PA. Could somebody confirm the location by posting directions?
It right off Interstate 83N.......last exit in MD before PA.
Probably 20 minutes north of Baltimore.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm planning on going, I've been beefing up too, now I'm weighing in at a svelt 172 lbs, which is up 7 from 165. is that big enough for team fat kids?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Team Fat Kids is almost a misgnomer. I am the only truly rotund member of the team, and I am back running six miles a day and lifting, so maybe by the next season I'll be down to less then Buddah stature.

I figured you'd want in. The details are coming together as we speak, but you've got the credentials to be one of the founding members of the team for the large.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jeez...I live 45 minutes from there and work(as in right now) just off 83N and Shawan Road. Is there any drinking involved in this particular "-toberfest" because I frankly suck at dirt jumping/doubles and was seeking a weekend away from home.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
RTF, yes, you can be the other "larger then life" member.
However, TFK is a race team, and part of the deal is you must make at least four races in the regular season.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
Jeez...I live 45 minutes from there and work(as in right now) just off 83N and Shawan Road. Is there any drinking involved in this particular "-toberfest" because I frankly suck at dirt jumping/doubles and was seeking a weekend away from home.
yup, it's in the middle of hereford's wine festival.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
people often say that a mountain biker's last words are "hey, watch this". I have a feeling that as the day wears on, some spectators' last words may be "do a backflip alread!"

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
FYI - Hereford is not the last exit off I-83 in Maryland, it's about 10 mile south of the state line. If heading North, take exit #27, turn right at the top of the ramp, proceed 100 yards and you're there, turn left into the cornfield parking lot. The dirt jump competition is invitation only event. Everyone is welcome to watch but only those invited to compete will be allowed to flail themselves off the 6' kickers. Any questions, please call Mike Hartlove - 410-984-7268

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I normally ignore you anyway...

give me a ring when you get back into town. Its been raining pretty well and hard here, so our new work ought to be firming up.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
ian dont act like you've never dropped a couple ruphies in your own drink, when your home, feelin alittle lonely with the wifey out of town. unfortunately though you couldnt really prosicute your self, its common knowledge how much you enjoy handcuffs and beatings along with your self pleasurement.

i heard ya'll got like 10 inches of rain or something down there, nuts. hopefully those jumps firmed up and didnt just wash away. lemme know if you wanna head out tomorrow. i'll get back down there earlier maybe if you wanna head out there for a little while. i got some work to catch up with though so yeah cant go too late.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
ian dont act like you've never dropped a couple ruphies in your own drink, when your home, feelin alittle lonely with the wifey out of town. unfortunately though you couldnt really prosicute your self, its common knowledge how much you enjoy handcuffs and beatings along with your self pleasurement.
Right, you just have to bust my balls because I like to tie myself up in a tutu and try to work a hand loose for some self gratification. Like you've never done it. I know you long hairs, I know how you roll.
i heard ya'll got like 10 inches of rain or something down there, nuts. hopefully those jumps firmed up and didnt just wash away. lemme know if you wanna head out tomorrow. i'll get back down there earlier maybe if you wanna head out there for a little while. i got some work to catch up with though so yeah cant go too late.
Since you've been to the house, this will make some sense. Imagine where you park normally at my place under 3 feet of water. It rocked!

If you want to head out tomorrow you're going to have to drive, my truck is in the shop for a few days after fijording the flood waters.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
danggggg thats alot of water. i dunno when i'll get back tomorrow i'll give you a call when i'm takin off from here though. it all kinda depends what time i wake up tomorrow, which all kinda depends on how late i stay up, which as you mentioned, depends on how long it takes me to un tie my self, and my hair, and then get off after that...so it all comes down to how good my knots are tonight pretty much

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
it's like phone sex, on a forum, by yourself, in public. Odd. It's exihbitionist self pleasurement that at the same time makes all readers voyeurs. Dirty. I like it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Any idea on what the camping is going to be like up there? that's the only way I can make this happen.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Camping - Hmmm. I guess you could try Camp Puhtok - That's three minutes from the venue - not sure how to go about getting a permit though. Plenty of fields and woods in the area - shouldn't be too hard to find a spot.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
I rode the track today and it is soooooo sweet! I'm trying to attach a photo, but no luck. Does anyone know if theres a way to attach a video?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I rode the track today and it is soooooo sweet! I'm trying to attach a photo, but no luck. Does anyone know if theres a way to attach a video?
You have to find a place to host it first and then post a link. Try photobucket.com. It's free.

I concur with the sweetness, I did a couple of laps Saturday afternoon. I wish I knew a little better what I was doing. I've been riding the BMX track a lot lately. Compared to that I found this track to be kind of harsh (especially the rollers in the rhythm sections) and I found I really suck in tight berms. Even so it was a lot of fun. I look forward to trying to race and watching the fast people after I get eliminated in the first round.

I have a n00b dual question... After a shared straight section do you have to get back in your assigned lane when/if the track splits again? How does that work exactly?

Also, I spoke briefly with Mike Hartlove and asked him who was on the invite list for the DJ contest. He mentioned Jim DeChamp, Aaron Chase, Kyle Ebbit, and Jeff Lenosky and a few others. That should be quite a show.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Won't know nada for a couple more days. this house buying thing is sucking my time and money faster then GWB can empty a budget surplus.