Quantcast

Here's a list of bands I hate worse than Def Leppard...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Let It Go is an awesome rock song. Pretty much all of High and Dry is a great rock album. If you disagree then go sit in a puddle of chlorine.
This may or may not be true... they might be a decent band... I only know I hate them the most. I hear Def Leppard way more than I want to, and I can't figure out why. And what Im forced to listen to always sucks. Badly.
Only Gwen Steffani comes close to annoying me as much.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Okay, I meant to make an entire thread about this song that Ive been hearing recently, but it'll fit here.

Anyone heard that song that samples Werewolves of London at the beginning and then turns into Sweet Home Alabama?

WORST SONG EVER!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This may or may not be true... they might be a decent band... I only know I hate them the most. I hear Def Leppard way more than I want to, and I can't figure out why. And what Im forced to listen to always sucks. Badly.
Only Gwen Steffani comes close to annoying me as much.
Pete Willis was their original guitarist, replaced by Phil Collen when Pete was fired for being too much of an alcoholic. It was after that point that they sucked hard. Everything else about them turned to pop-rock, and I wouldn't go see a Def Leppart concert if you gave me tickets, BUT if it was 1981 or 1982, it would be a completely different story, completely different band, completely different sound. Unfortunately that original sound has been all but burried at this point. Go you tube "Another Hit and Run" and you'll hear that "old" sound. Much more guitar-driven, not synth-driven, no stupid "chorus" stuff, etc.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I'm with you on all of that, except maybe the rap. If you're writing off all rap, boo. Anything you've ever heard on the radio almost certainly blows, but there is some good rap out there.

The rest of your list though, yes. Ted Nugent in particular.
Just gangster rap...old school stuff (Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill Gang etc.) is cool by me...

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
you are crazy.

'kill city' is a great record, and while i would agree that his mid-to-late 70s output was spotty, there were always some killer tracks on the records.

have you heard 'i'm bored'? fvcking fantastic song.
kill city is a great song. definitely more of a stooges sound. not sure that i have heard much else off that one though. 'the passenger' is another standout from a shltty album. 'im bored' is ok.