Here's the Deal Firecracker DS/DH Blue Mountain Fat Tire Festival

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Vertical Earth Gravity Games #3
Dual Slalom under the lights $1200 Cash Pro Purse
Downhill $1800 Pro Purse
1st Annual Blue Mountain Fat Tire Festival
July 23, 24, 25​

Were super stoked about the upcoming VEGG#3. The stage is set for the most exciting race weekend this Summer. Friday night join us for a jam up in the reconstructed Kenda Jump Park. The DS track is surrounded by Ewok Village, the Snail Bus, and our new Pumptrack. We'll also have a scavenger hunt scheduled for Friday evening as campers can get set up for the weekend.

Saturday we kick the weekend off with our Ladies First Ride as practice for DH and DS will get underway. The PRO DS Class will race under the lights Saturday night for the $1200 Cash Purse ! Saturday will be filled with activities, contests, water guns, and much more.

Sunday the DHers will be the main show as they rip our next race course presented by the Vertical Earth crew. Depending on the weather we have a couple different options for the next course. Either way the race course promises to be righteous !! We'll post pics and video of the course shortly. If you missed the last race course our goal is to top Miles of Smiles, so don't miss it as the PRO's will race for the $1800 Cash Purse !

The Breakdown:

PRO M/W DH 1st 500 2nd 250 3rd 150
PRO M/W DS 1st 300 2nd 200 3rd 100

All CATS 1/2/3 Podium with medals and Industry Prizes from X-Fusion, Fox, Kenda, Profile, and more...:D

Camping $10 per vehicle load all Weekend
Race Fees cover your weekend lift access all weekend
Lifts open till 8:00 Saturday night !!!:weee:

more details can be found at http://verticalearthpa.com

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
negative. trying to sell the other two bikes, the Intense and the Foes....i might have to keep the Foes longer since Evil has been MIA with my frame :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Friday we'll open the gates at 4pm and the jump park ,DS Track, Pumptrack will be open, no charge for friday.

The lifts will be open till 8pm Saturday night !!:D

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Dave, let me know if you still have an issue not sure why its always a pain in the !@%.

Video should be up shortly, it's official the course will be Jambalaya to OCS to Wide open run out of gears flowy world cup grass to the finish line.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
The track looks sick guys!!!! Good work. Can't wait to ride it. Did I read the info page correctly? The lifts are open Friday?

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
Lifts are not open Friday, you can walk up to the jump park and DS track.

Ted - you are going to the enjoy the course, Mike and I rode it a bunch on saturday/sunday.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I'm going to try and head up Friday afternoon. I need to test out my leg after being off the bike for 2 months. Hopefully it will be good enough to at least race DS.

It's awesome that the DS course is in the jump park. The less walking around to different spots on the mountain the better.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
whered you see that?
Thanks for bringing my attention to my mistake.
Initially I read it and thought it said open friday 4-8. Now I reread it and it does say Jump Park 4-8.

Probably wishful thinking on my part or either I need to read more often.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Lifts are not open Friday, you can walk up to the jump park and DS track.

Ted - you are going to the enjoy the course, Mike and I rode it a bunch on saturday/sunday.
Oh.... so you guys have 2 days on me?? I guess I'm following you first run!!! :thumb:
I expect podiums from both of you. I'm feeling like a podium again. Except this time .6 seconds ahead.:D

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I know this is probably a shot in the dark but is there anyone going to the race that has a lightish 20mm/135mm wheelset they would want to sell or rent so I can race Slalom this weekend? A wheelset is the only thing I'm missing from my blur 4x I just built up and I'm trying to find one before I leave on friday but I figured there might be a monkey going to a race with one.