Quantcast

Heritage Park/BlackStone canal

splat

Nam I am
what a glorius day for a ride. I wanted to do a Larger ride that was going down in CT, but Family obligations early ment the ride had to be close to home and later. well There was a ride at Heritage park at 11am. was going to be tight , but I could make and and Did. !

there were 5 of us , Me, Imploded, Quo_fan , BadDNA and Jamie.

Well To start things off one of the riders who will remain Nameless, Locked his keys in his truck , with his helmet in the truck .

well we had Bike tools , what more do you need to reak into a Pickup truck ?
first steal the Antena off of the truck

Next get out your PArk Tire levers , and pry the door open at the top, and use the antena to unlock the door .

so All stuff was counted for now.

and Quo Fan had adapted his helmet ,Video Cam on one side ,Chain Mail on the other

Off we went up Goat hill and down the other side. The down hill is a tough gnarly decent , here is Jamie on the decent.

Here is Jamie a Couple of seconds later ( I did the same thing, hence why I was stopped taking pictures )

BadDNA doing a little Hop

Jamie on a Bridge

Imploded , same bridge

Topping over a Hill next to a big rock

Hmm they just recently deposited these rocks here, they must have seen we needed some thing to play on.

Quo_fan rolling through

Mmmmmmm sausages

Imploded on a Samll roller ,and you can ee he is off to the side of the skinny

and a second later , He joins the crash thread too!

QuoFan and jamie on a Roller

QuoFan on the traditioanl Goat Lock Photo, after all what is a ride with out a Picture here :)

Jamie takingthe manly line up this little climb

and fianlly back to the cars for some post ride refreshment

Was a very good ride!!!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Looks like a great ride. Have you been over to the other side of the river from goat hill? There are alot of newer trails over there that I think you guys might enjoy. I do have to say that trail system is by far my favorite trails.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
A few weeks back I did a ride with a few people starting and ending at Plumbers Landing and we totaled 26 miles, with almost no repeats of trail and minimal pavement. If any of you guys have a GPS- and a few hours to kill to map it out let me know. I'd love to see what the stats are for the whole area...

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
A few weeks back I did a ride with a few people starting and ending at Plumbers Landing and we totaled 26 miles, with almost no repeats of trail and minimal pavement. If any of you guys have a GPS- and a few hours to kill to map it out let me know. I'd love to see what the stats are for the whole area...
Hey Mike I didn't know you were over here too!

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Lately I 'm all over the place. Jay on a side note- do you still have your DNA? I'm thinking of putting together a freeridey, parkish hartail and would love to take a spin on yours if you still have it....

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Lately I 'm all over the place. Jay on a side note- do you still have your DNA? I'm thinking of putting together a freeridey, parkish hartail and would love to take a spin on yours if you still have it....
I do it's just not built up at this time. The frame is for sale though :) I do have my sovereign but its 100% DJ/park but i'll let you take it for a spin.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I pretty sure Splat had the GPS on last years 4-hour ride and I know he has had it with him on several of the shorter ones. I searched the old threads on RM, but he hosted the maps/pics on his old Comcast account, which isn't active anymore. He should be able to repost the GPS maps.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
If he's got it I'd love to check it out. In fact I'm riding out of Tri River tonight (probably for about an hr) so if any ones interested in checking some stuff out let me know....