Quantcast

Herndon/Wentz Pump Track Construction Company

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I posted this up in the South forum, but I thought you guys my enjoy it as well.

Superstars Chris Herndon and Steve Wentz built a pump track for Julie who lives just outside Newport, TN. It turned out great and was so much fun to ride.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It took them 4 days to plan, build, and finish the track from scratch with the removal of an old 1/4 pipe. I think they really had 2 SOLID days of digging however.

Yeah, they looked like tomatoes. :hot: Remember it was 81 here on Saturday.

As for cost, I don't know. You can contact the "company" through www.leelikesbikes.com

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i bet flight tickects here and free accomodation would be thempting for them. haha.
danm, 4 days. thats with two ppl? thats very encouraging. a pump track may not be that much work after all.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dhkid said:
a pump track may not be that much work after all.
somehow, i don't think that's the case.

it's amazing what you can get done when your soul is put into it.

that is some very good work. well done guys.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i regulary jumps and some small burms. but the though of build a whole track is a turn off. at my last estimate, it would take two ppl around a months worth of twice a week 2 hr sesions to get it done.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
so what do you do,

work a little take a nap, work a little more take another nap ?

this weekend you should be at the F1 race there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He's on the 6 year plan at college too. Hey Doug...at what point in time does a video camera get used by you?

Also, that center section..is it meant as a tranny to reverse directions by just hipping over the berm Figure 8 style? Didn't see a pic of anyone transfering.

I'm thinking it should be mandatory to post video instead of pics. I need motiviation...Hehh !:thumb:

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
swentz and herdon are inded the masters of the pump track. Last summer me and chris built some on the fix track and wentz helmped lee build the SICKest pump track of all time.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
wentz def knows his stuff. hes designed some mean pump tracks. Also he helped us on our dual slalom course up at a friends house. it is the fastest flowiest thing out there