Quantcast

He's no Palmer but...

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Does anybody remember Chris Del Bosco? I used to ride with him in Colorado and he was one fast mofo. He ending up winning Nationals in the pro class but had the title striped when testing positive for THC (It was then awarded to Riffle..05' I think?). He had a similar past with US Skiing as well. Lucky for him, he has dual citizen ship due to a Canadien mom and is now racing for Canada in skier cross. He has recently won 2 WC's and the X games this past weekend.

I think he would have dominated US DH MTB if he could have kept his sh1t together, EC used to work with him a bit back in the Devo days and maybe can comment on that. Regardless, someone of our ilk to root for in Vancouver. Go Del Taco!

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bosco is rad. CTV (a large national tv network in canada, they are the games host broadcaster) has been running an ad campaign with him for about a year now. good to see he got himself together and made a run of it.

Loochi

Chimp
Aug 18, 2009
Del Bosco is one of the coolest team mates I ever had. Back in the day when on Devo 1999-2000 we had a lot of fun and he was easily one of the most talented guys on the team.

As a young racer (both ski's and DH) he had a lot of ups and downs but IMO all he needed was a program were he could feel at home. John Kemp from devo always said "Del Bosco is a bag of talent just waiting to be opened".....seems he was right. Can't be more stoked for Del Bosco, every bit of success he finds is well deserved.:thumb:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Chris is a very talented athlete,

I think his problem (as it is for so many naturally gifted athletes) is that it all comes easy for him....the laziness kicks in and then in the early to late teens other distractions are thrown into the mix, some choose to stay focused on sports others get side tracked.

Chris has self admittedly thrown away many chances, last time i talked with him (bout a year and half ago) he said he knew this was his last chance and he wasn't going to screw it up, he was working with trainers with a goal to win the olympics, he was REALLY focused!

Now on the eve of the Olympics you would be crazy to bet against him..... His training, drive and talent are all hitting on all cylinders, if he can keep his head straight day of nobody will catch him.

I think it is awesome to see a kid realize his mistakes before it's to late, pick himself up and turn things around.

My fingers are already crossed.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Del Bosco is the man and rips on both sticks and bikes. Had a **** ton of fun traveling and racing with him as a young chap, between him and ross I had two very talented and bas ass older brother(s that I never had) figures to look up too in the racing world.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Was only on the team with him in 06, kinda had a rough go at things, but he finally put it togather and won at SnowMass MSC that season. Good to see things workin out with xgames gold. Guy is a pinner for sure.