Quantcast

Hey Capitol Forest Fans..... We now have an official website!

olywajim

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Olympia Wa
Thanks for posting the website D. I am pretty excited about its potential to offer recreational users an accurate and current information hub for The Forest. Only about half the content is up right now. When all of the content is up the whole site will be proofed. Please excuse any errors until then, I am building this in my spare time, and this is the firt website I've built. It will be done in December.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions feel free to email me:

olywajim@yahoo.com

Thanks

-Jim

www.capitolforest.com

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Excellent site with lots of great info... I've haven't ridden there yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to check it out really soon! Thanks for putting it together! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
olywajim said:
Thanks for posting the website D. I am pretty excited about its potential to offer recreational users an accurate and current information hub for The Forest. Only about half the content is up right now. When all of the content is up the whole site will be proofed. Please excuse any errors until then, I am building this in my spare time, and this is the firt website I've built. It will be done in December.

olywajim@yahoo.com

Thanks

-Jim

www.capitolforest.com
Welcome to the monkey Jim! I think its cool to see something like this progress. Capital is such a good ride area, yet is often disliked by some because of conditions, overwelming area (lots of chance to get lost), logging, ect... all things that can be relayed through a good resource like your website. I look forward to its completion and some contributions if i can.

Later,
Damon

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I note that you have a section on trail running under construction - the Cap is one of my favorite places to run. You might want to put links to the twice yearly Capital Peak Mega Fat Ass 5OK -

http://www.capitolpeakultras.com/

EDIT: Oh never mind - I see that you are already linked on thier site.

olywajim said:

olywajim@yahoo.com

Thanks

-Jim

www.capitolforest.com

olywajim said:

olywajim@yahoo.com

Thanks

-Jim

www.capitolforest.com
Wow what a great site, never ridden out there but with the map and trail links you provided it will sure help!!!

Thanks!

Teague

Chimp
May 31, 2002
Olympia WA
FINALLY. That is a great site. Riding at capital forest has always been hit or miss for me. Most of the trails are good fun, but I've hit some horribly overgrown, washed out, gnarled stuff out there while exploring. Thanks for the info on where and what to ride.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Any of you who always wanted to ride there drop me a line. We can do many different riders out there. Bike or small bikes. Probably wont have time out there till November... but after then im up for some guided trips......

olywajim

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Olympia Wa
I would be a up for a group trail ride after the middle of October. A classic Capitol Forest road climb/singletrack descent? Mima Porter #8 or Greenline #6 or Molly Porter #3 or Mt Molly Loop or? 15-20 mile-ish? Belive it or not there are trails that stay in good shape year round out there, and of course some that give it the muddy reputation it rightfully deserves. Do you have a date in mind D?

Once the website is completed the ride guide will have 50 rides with maps and elevation profiles and the live forum will help connect the locals with the not-so-locals, among other benefits.

Thanks a lot on the positive feedback and suggestions on the site. I am real busy for the next few weeks, but I plan to crank out the rest of the website in late October/November so it will be built and proofed by December 1.

I'll PM you thesacrifice. Thanks a lot for your offer on the html time.

-Jim

www.capitolforest.com