Quantcast

Hey jumpers!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
That is sooooo last week. (j/k)

Actually, it was there last week after we came by from riding elsewhere. Very well done! You can still send that one, but now you can just roll it if you're dead tired...or whatever lame excuse you can come up with! :)

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
That thing is great! I hit it last night after helping build a retaining wall for Mike. I love that whole line that leads into it.

Dirty Maestro

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Nice work guys!
That next park sounds like its gonna be sweet!

I work with Mike Vitti(CLIMB) over here on Long Island. We're building In Cunningham Park, Queens now and hopefully getting access to build at another park soon. Here's a thread i started here on RM for Cunny.

Heavy Page...lots of pics...
http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205626

Keep up the great work guys! Mike and I are following your progress =)
:thumb:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Nice work guys!

I work with Mike Vitti(CLIMB) over here on Long Island. We're building In Cunningham Park, Queens now and hopefully getting access to build at another park soon. Here's a thread i started here on RM for Cunny.

Very nice! It's good to know that there's more and more stuff out that way in case I ever decide to move back to the East coast...which is very doubtful.

Now we need to figure out how to connect the two parks and we would have "Jumps Across America"!!!

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Nice work guys!

Dirty Maestro - You tell Mike Vitti Jon Kennedy from the BBTC says "What's Up!" Mike is a stand up guy and he and the CLIMB crew are doing wonders for NYC.

Cheers!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I was talking to Mike today, he said the step up- to deck -to step down at the end of the 1st 2 jump lines is not going to happen, unless they get more volunteers.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
How big are the jumps and drops in the freeride area? I like the video, I think my friends and I will have to stop by for an hour or two on our way back home from whistler.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Expert jump line has a 5 foot drop to 12 foot hip to berms, then a 18 foot table to 25 foot table(the one that used to be the "road gap" and now has a rainbow bridge).

Drop zone has 1-6 foot drops, the big side has a big bowl/berm that you drop into so you can huck anywere in the bowl, far left, far right.... Pretty cool, I am glad how it turned out. The dirt in that area was soooo ****ty, moon dust up to your shins, broken glass, trash, ect... After many hours with the water hose and many days with the bobcat, bringing in new dirt it turned out pretty well. I would still like to shape the berm to make it longer and less abrupt, it works great for me but some people have been having trouble with it. A wallride along the whole top of the berm would be very cool, right now time and budget is limited though. If we are lucky and get more grant money a phase 3 could include this wall-ride.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
cool, I wish I lived up there, I would love to help build some of that stuff. I think we are actually going to stop by on our way to bellingham since we will be staying the night in bellingham and leave for whistler the next morning. Plus hitting the park on my new bike will help me get a little use to it before I head to whistler.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
yeah, but I think it will still be fun, its a nice easy way to start our trip, especially since I will be on a brand new bike that I've only ridden in the parking lot.