Quantcast

Hey Monkies

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Kanter said:
No, not really. 661 makes a sticky soled spd now. Its nice for when you dont clip in right away or you want to have a foot clipped out.
good point

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I still have an original pair of 5.10's bought in 2001/2002 still going strong, i wear them as trail building/riding shoes now...

I didnt read the whole thread, when can we expect these bad boys, i want a white pair real bad...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Brian Peterson said:
OK.. Alot of people have been asking about the Marzocchi/ 5-10 shoes... I got a little info for all of you...

Expected arrival date, somewhere around Jan. 2007.

MSRP, about $115.

Sizes, 8-13 in half sizes.

Now, here is where I need a little help... What size would you need? I am trying to help figure out the percentages on the sizes to order...

Thanks alot!!

Brian
This isn't scientific or anything.

Seems like most shoe sizes fall in the 9-12 size area with lessening amounts out to 15-16 or 6-7's etc

I am a 10ish, depends on the shoe...sometimes I am 10.5 But if the show is wide enough I can fit a 9.5.

10-12 seem to sell out first.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
manhattanprjkt83 said:
as i said didnt read the thread...
you said you did not read the "whole" thread. i guess you took the pulp fiction approach. you started in the middle, and jumped around a bit only to find the beginning and then arrive at the end.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
my 05 661's won't die so that I can have an excuse to buy them. :love:
They normally do not fall apart sitting in your closet.:rofl:
Since I have been trailriding in mine now too, they are past dead.

I did not know the new SPD launch models had a sticky sole.:cool:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
RhinofromWA said:
This isn't scientific or anything.

Seems like most shoe sizes fall in the 9-12 size area with lessening amounts out to 15-16 or 6-7's etc

I am a 10ish, depends on the shoe...sometimes I am 10.5 But if the show is wide enough I can fit a 9.5.

10-12 seem to sell out first.....
WHOA! Where the hell have you been?:hot:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Kanter said:
Actually, I might be wrong. I checked the website and the Launch and Dually come in SPD but it doesnt mention if they are taki or not. hmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.vsportgroup.com/catalog.aspx?id=2EDC3379-7760-43D5-A8C0-7C32DB08A1CA&pl=BIKE
any idea how well the taki works relative to the 5.10 compound? is it the same rubber? the tread patern is different. i like the look of the 661 tread more than i like the 5.10. without having ridden either, i would think if they used the same rubber, the 661 would stick better.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I was wrong. Here is an email right from 661 that I received this morning.

Both the Launch and Dually SPD versions do not
use the Taki sole. The rubber
compound is not as soft with the SPD models.

Regards,

Pete Vitiello
Director of Sales Cycling/Snowboard
Valencia Sport Group

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
mandown said:
any idea how well the taki works relative to the 5.10 compound? is it the same rubber? the tread patern is different. i like the look of the 661 tread more than i like the 5.10. without having ridden either, i would think if they used the same rubber, the 661 would stick better.
I am co-sponsored by Sixsixone, just so you know. I have ridden the Dually Taki for a few months and I have to say they are great. Not as much of a problem with sole wear as it does not have protruding knobs like the other company's shoes. It has a less aggressive sole pattern yet it is still that sticky soft rubber that grips so well. In comparison, it allows you to move your foot around easier. An amazing set-up when paired-up with Atom Lab pedals. The in-tongue lace stash pocket is an awesome idea too.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Nope. I just wanted him to know that I was a 661 rider and to take that into consideration. Don't want to look like one of those marketing/sponsored guys hailing their products but acting like they carry a neutral opinion. :thumb:

But if Atom Lab wants to throw some schwag my way, I'll take it. Hehehe.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bizutch said:
WHOA! Where the hell have you been?:hot:
*Rhino looks over shoulder*

around....

Got me a Suzuki RM 250 that has taken me back into my roots of trail riding/racing(Harescrambles, desert mostly)

Most of my time on bicycles revolves around commuting.

I post once in awhile though. ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Hey Kanter...it's understandable b/c when the SPD versions originally came out, the website listed the SPD versions as having the sticky rubber option on the high top model. You were right to think so.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
RhinofromWA said:
*Rhino looks over shoulder*

around....

Got me a Suzuki RM 250 that has taken me back into my roots of trail riding/racing(Harescrambles, desert mostly)

Most of my time on bicycles revolves around commuting.

I post once in awhile though. ;)
heh...jsut met a guy who's back on MTB after deciding to go back to moto and doing hare scrambles (lots of pins and rods later he's reconsidering).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bizutch said:
heh...jsut met a guy who's back on MTB after deciding to go back to moto and doing hare scrambles (lots of pins and rods later he's reconsidering).
Unfortunately I seem to get hurt more DHing....:think: I must suck that bad. I apperantly understand them motorized cycles.:cool: