Quantcast

Hey Rhino!

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
I might be game (senior A). Rhino only goes if it's a sjmc event jk. Last race I did at PR it had rained for at least a month prior, man their were ruts 4'-5' deep. That clear cut section was crazy slick.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I might be game (senior A). Rhino only goes if it's a sjmc event jk. Last race I did at PR it had rained for at least a month prior, man their were ruts 4'-5' deep. That clear cut section was crazy slick.
I helped build the course! :wave:

I will most likely be sweeping the races. They are not tied to SJMC in anyway but instead it is run by the man who runs the ATV WORCS races that also is the manager of the offroad faclities at PIR.

We have taken a small dozer and knocked the big sand whoops down. along with a larg portion of the off road trails that the quads will be on. There is a small EnduroX section near the parking lot for spectators and racers alike.:cheers:

I will be the fat guy on the Suzuki.

PIR trailwork Rhino with his mighty trail pick.

Odessa Nov08

TPQ Straddleline Sept08

:biggrin:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
hey, I didn't know ridemonkey was all about the dirtbikes now!

nice pics Rhino ;)
They let you back in, eh? :D :cheers:

Thanks. I am about dirt bikes...with a utilitarian pedaling twist. You'd never find that much air under my DH bike tires... :clue:

Leroy Jenkins still hasn't responded. You coming Jenkins? Watch out for ridetilludie...he is one fast mofo.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Talk about drop to flat!!!
heh, yeah that is about my MAX on a motorcycle. I new I could survive and did it 5 times for the cameras....needed to have proof. I hit the edge about 1/2 throttle in 4th (out of 5) gear and sailed to the edge of that picture...I was not giving myself the option of aborting. I have not dropped much altitude in either of those shots and I am a good way from the ledge. I don't det many shots like that..

1st attempt stung my left wrist but good. Next handful of times I paid special attention to wrist angle and it wasn't a problem. It was a earth shattering landing, but survivable. ;) I am not featherwieght...:clue: lol

Hey Kevin, I'll let you ride it...:biggrin:

Last edited:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Hey Kevin, I'll let you ride it...:biggrin:
Don't tempt me....
I had an '82(?) Husqvarna CR250 when I was 18. It was previously owned by a dude that raced the crap out of it and the back wheel was beyond hammered. But it started first kick every time.
First and only MX bike I have ever owned.

I would really like something like a Rhino but cost is an issue and I think it would be less versatile for actually taking out and having fun.
But I could take Amy on runs at my speed....:shocked:

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Haven't been on here for a while, but good to hear the series is going to happen. Just checked out the course pics on TT, and looks good to go. I won't be back in time to catch the race today, but I should make it just in time for the 2nd race. Like as in my plane lands the day of, so I'll probably be on the sidelines watching. Have fun out there. Post some pictures!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Haven't been on here for a while, but good to hear the series is going to happen. Just checked out the course pics on TT, and looks good to go. I won't be back in time to catch the race today, but I should make it just in time for the 2nd race. Like as in my plane lands the day of, so I'll probably be on the sidelines watching. Have fun out there. Post some pictures!
http://rachelleandjace.smugmug.com/gallery/6885319_EHFMo

Someone elses pictures. Low turn out...to be expected. Slick, more so for the second (long course) race.

The forzen ground became polished and traction was tricky at best, non-existant at other times. I was on the ground so much, it was funny. I did the splits in front of the people spectating the EnduroX section. Had the back end come around on me. I planted my foot and it stayed as the bike and the rest of me slowly went down. I haven't stretched that far since highschool. I am lucky nothing snapped. haha. there was the amazing seat bounce/dismount over a log n the woods. My bike and I went straight up, rotated forward until I was pointed vertically back down to earth, planted the front wheel on the back side of the log, lawndarting me into the softest patch of earth on the whole course. Not one single bruise or even the wind knocked out of me. That would have been good for a camera. No idea how the crash even happened as I cleared the log 4 or so times before in previous laps. :biggrin:

Hope you can make out the next one. :cheers:

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Rhino, I was at Pacific Raceway Saturday, didn't race, but looked for you. It was refreshing to see people in tree bark camo drinking beer at 1100 AM. The track and the course looked sweet.

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Hey Makana, Probably shuttle day at PA in March for DH. I'll be racing some local XC races. If you're into doing that kind of stuff come along. Can't wait for Duthie Hill to come along.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Rhino, I was at Pacific Raceway Saturday, didn't race, but looked for you. It was refreshing to see people in tree bark camo drinking beer at 1100 AM. The track and the course looked sweet.
We had a club ride scheduled for V-day...after the race being postponed the week before we couldn't go. I was up riding i the snow at Reiter. :cheers: No beer until after the ride, around 2:30. :)

We were making sure the race course for Sunday was ready. You should come up. Reiter was nice last Sat, but rain is in the forecast for Sat night and Sunday and that will make Reiter "special" :D

I will be there bright and early Sunday morning.

Frostbite HS race flyer:
http://stumpjumpers.org/documents/2009/01/2009frostbite.pdf

Our Desert 100 race is the weekend of April 4th. If you haven't been, you should...:brows:
Flyer:
http://stumpjumpers.org/documents/2009/01/2009desert100flyer.pdf
http://stumpjumpers.org/documents/2009/02/2009d100poster.pdf

http://stumpjumpers.org/desert-100/

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Nice picture :cheers:

Good to finally put a face with a name yesterday.:biggrin:

I lost that Canadian that I was excorting down with his wadded up chain. lol Only saw him hours later as everyone was cleaning up. I was talking to a buddy mentioning I never did find the guy...at that momnet his wife was right behind me. :happydance: She brought me over to their rig and I was able to chat with them for awhile. Good group of guys(and gals). They invited me up to some of their races north of the boarder. Heard they are gnarly. :banana:

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
The race was nucking futs! The carnage on the course was intense. There was orange plastic strewn all over the place, and I watched a guy on a Kawi wash out pretty bad on that icy section right after the sand hill.

Mike Decker up at Ice Station Zebra was a guy I worked with ten years ago. I just about fell over when he walked up, and said my name. I was like WTF!? Took me a few minutes to remember.

Great running into you, hope to see you at Pacific Raceways. Keep rocking the yellow bike!

Oh yeah, I'll try and make it out to the March 28th course, but that's right before I head out, so it will be a close call.

Last edited:

LeroyJenkins

Chimp
Feb 17, 2008
Hey Leroy you should put some of your dh in Afganistan footage up here, that was good stuff.:biggrin:
:cheers: dude, awesome you even looked at it, and appreciate the compliment. It was a pain in the a$$ filming out there, in every respect. We ended up making 4-5 short pieces, and got totally shut down by winter just when we had figured out the best places. We never got to get on the really good descents, but had fun anyway. Trippy place to be riding a bike for sure.

Background Short Piece

Mist

Rat Patrol

Unsung