Quantcast

Hey Web Monkeys!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Been doing a few landing pages that are copy heavy, so I laid them out in InDesign. I ended up copying the work into layered PS files to go to the web guys. Is there an easier way as I'm not a fan of doing these in PS with all of the text formatting.

:patsak:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Text that is included in a graphic, ( gif, jepg or png ) cannot be read by devises other than a browser. That means that search engines cannot see it and screen readers for the disabled cannot read it.

The text should be included as content in the xhtml code and styled with CSS. The web designer should be able to do that. You just need to provide them with the background image.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
And the best solution to designing the pages in ID is what? I can export to XHTML, and package the images/graphics but my client is clueless and the web guys are in Romania. Seriously... Who the client does not want me involved with... Maybe that's a good idea... I dunno.

I know I'll end up uploading layered PS files, as this client is a pain, but pays well (and on time) but I do seek knowledge for future action.

I DONT WANT TO LAYOUT/DESIGN COPY HEAVY PAGES IN PS. THAT'S JUST STUPID.

Thanks Monkeys!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If the web guys are building with web standards and separating the presentation from the structure by using xhtml in conjunction with CSS, then they will have to style the copy anyway.

Are you laying it out in PS or ID to show them how it's supposed to be laid out ? Or are they expecting a finished product ?