Quantcast

hi guys

Cha$e

Chimp
Mar 26, 2007
manchester, england
Greetings from england, I saw the forums on google and decided to have a look around. Im not new to riding, I have been riding for about 2 years now and my current bike is an 05 Specialized rockhopper pro, but im gearing for a new bike but im not sure what to get, so any help would be appreciated.

Also my main scene of riding is freeriding but I like to try my hand at downhilling aswell. Well thats a little about me and I hope to stick around a little longer :monkeydance:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome to the :monkey:.

If you'd like some advice on a bike, we'll need a little more information like your budget, if you'd buy used, intended use, if you're a big and/or abusive guy, etc.

Cha$e

Chimp
Mar 26, 2007
manchester, england
unfortunately i dont know this UKJason or whatever hes called lol and im not a chick. My budget for a new bike is around £1000 and all i really want it for is freeriding and downhilling. As for me, i'm 6ft2 and 13 stone and i like to chuck around my bike. Any advice would be appreciated as said before.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
unfortunately i dont know this UKJason or whatever hes called lol and im not a chick. My budget for a new bike is around £1000 and all i really want it for is freeriding and downhilling. As for me, i'm 6ft2 and 13 stone and i like to chuck around my bike. Any advice would be appreciated as said before.
What is all this Latin speak?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's about $1,600 USD if memory serves me, so... You could pick up a pretty decent used bike for that price range.

Way too small for you at 6'2", but it's the right idea:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5353&cat=2

...if you're reasonably serious about doing the downhill/freeride thing. If by downhill and freeride you mean little drops off your local trails, you might want something with a little less travel.

Cha$e

Chimp
Mar 26, 2007
manchester, england
That's about $1,600 USD if memory serves me, so... You could pick up a pretty decent used bike for that price range.

Way too small for you at 6'2", but it's the right idea:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5353&cat=2

...if you're reasonably serious about doing the downhill/freeride thing. If by downhill and freeride you mean little drops off your local trails, you might want something with a little less travel.

I am serious about downhilling and freeriding to say i ride almost every weekend and I have just got back from a freeriding trip to france which was very nice. That bike does look a bit too small but i like it, i think i shall search a little more and pop into my local store and try out some bikes to see which i fit the best.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
[/B]

I am serious about downhilling and freeriding to say i ride almost every weekend and I have just got back from a freeriding trip to france which was very nice. That bike does look a bit too small but i like it, i think i shall search a little more and pop into my local store and try out some bikes to see which i fit the best.
*Ding* Winnar!!!

Welcome. Come back anytime you need more hackney'd responses and general sarcasm. It's our specialty!

On a serious note; when you get down to a couple of choices, pop a "x bikey vs. y bikey" thread in the DH forum. Those guys'll sort ya out right kwik.:monkeydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
*Ding* Winnar!!!

Welcome. Come back anytime you need more hackney'd responses and general sarcasm. It's our specialty!

On a serious note; when you get down to a couple of choices, pop a "x bikey vs. y bikey" thread in the DH forum. Those guys'll sort ya out right kwik.:monkeydance:
As long as one of the bikeys is a Sunday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Welcome to the circus! Sounds like you are on the right track with getting a new bike (stopping by a local shop). I would also suggest (if you don't already have a good one) budgeting for a nice full face helmet and perhaps some other body armor too. Can't be too safe when DHing ;)

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk

Hey That would be me also i'll be up your way next month for a week