Quantcast

High Gear infesting Windrock Oct. 14-15.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the forecast as of this evening is calling for mid-week rain ending by thursday.
the weekend looks fantastic.
(just like it has for the past two)
sunny with highs in the low seventies.

trails are in beyond perfect condition.
dry enough to be wicked fast.
but the mid-week rain keeps em tacked off nicely.

the leaves are starting to change and should be close to if not peaking that weekend.
you'll soon find out why i've persuaded ya'll to come down in october instead of late november.

and JohnM.
i hope you enjoyed being within 5sec.+or- at the "shoe" for those two weekends.
it's a luxury you won't enjoy this coming weekend.:)
a couple of trails you've probably not seen before have been groomed for your high speed/steep/off camber pleasure.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Thanks for all you do Joey. We will be seeing you Sat am. Ready to rock off camber and the windy. Gonna be a smokin' good time!! :biggrin:

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
and JohnM.
i hope you enjoyed being within 5sec.+or- at the "shoe" for those two weekends.
it's a luxury you won't enjoy this coming weekend.:)
a couple of trails you've probably not seen before have been groomed for your high speed/steep/off camber pleasure.
Just like a virgin waiting for the prom.......I like to save my speed for the important things. You see me out "freeriding" you would say. That guys not that fast. Oh but put on a course with a timing system and LOOK OUT. Plus I really think you have home trail advantige. I Look forward to seeing you and riding this weekend.-JM

Oct 9, 2006
who all is camping this weekend and if so where will everyone be camping? Also what days are everyone riding this weekend? I know saturday goes without saying but will people also be riding friday and sunday? Looking forward to a good weekend. Hopefully a carnage free one.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
naw man.
you have it all bassackwards.

rolling around on shallow pitched sport and beginner trails with a timing system, isn't important.

rippin down rocky/technical/steep pro/expert singletrack, is what's important.
and don't think we don't have a timing system.
but we time things a little different here.
see around here the time starts when the locals hit the parking lot.
keeping track of the time it takes us to sit down, take the helmet and pads off, knock down a bottle of gatorade, and waaaaaiiiiit for others to arrive.:)

forecast is still looking great for this weekend !!!
there's going to be some good runs being thrown down for it's entire duration.
can't wait.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
who all is camping this weekend and if so where will everyone be camping? Also what days are everyone riding this weekend? I know saturday goes without saying but will people also be riding friday and sunday? Looking forward to a good weekend. Hopefully a carnage free one.
i'm going to try like hell to get up there friday to do some last minute grooming.
but all day saturday and at least the first half of sunday is when it'll be on fire.

Oct 9, 2006
would a commercial backpack blower and another body wearing it be any help to clean up the trails on friday? If so maybe I can rally the troops earlier rather than later and head over friday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
All the trails are ridable now. Joey's got such a high level of perfection he always wants things to be perfect. But don't worry about helping on Friday, just show up and ride.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
what about a commercial leaf blower just strapped to your back and doing run after run with the hose pointed at the ground behind you?

Two birds with 1 stone.
I'd just really like another shot at this thing. I cased it on our only run down that section of trail.

Then Doug took us on Windmill trail with Ben and Terry and we were cooked.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
damn i wanna come ride at windrock :) i've seen pics and stuff, looks like a nice place, you guys love it eh? maybe next year, im outta .de sept next year and lookin at moving back to western NC.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
see around here the time starts when the locals hit the parking lot.
keeping track of the time it takes us to sit down, take the helmet and pads off, knock down a bottle of gatorade, and waaaaaiiiiit for others to arrive.:)
And I'm usually the one everyone is waiting for :twitch:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Don't flatter yourself squashy:biggrin: Those guys wait for most people,usually me too
the biggest wait.
is when we wait to see which body part you demolished on your most recent run.:brow:

heggler:
finding a way to the top shouldn't be a problem this weekend.
i think each vehicle will and should be taking donations for gasoline.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
We should do something about that for this w/e. if possible.
i looked at it recently.
i don't think a quick fix will hold.
brake sliders have torn the rocks off the lip.
we'll need to get up there when there's no more traffic on it this winter and put down a few new dirt layers and perhaps stretch it out a foot or so longer.

it's lookin like i won't be able to get there till saturday morning.
if there's any way you could clip back the junk in the powerline cut on sidehill, there might be some b.b.q. in it for ya.

if not i'll take clippers on my first run and get it cut back.
that way we'll have a thorn free run down into twisted.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
if not i'll take clippers on my first run and get it cut back.
that way we'll have a thorn free run down into twisted.
Aren't the trails technical enough without grooming the underbrush from the saddle? And my mom told me not to run with scissors much less a set of loppers.:happydance:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Hey spoke you riding too? Cj going to have some treats? :biggrin:
Naw, as of today I am awaiting the results from the orthopedist regarding my knee. So I guess we will see.:disgust:

But, there are always treats....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Aren't the trails technical enough without grooming the underbrush from the saddle? And my mom told me not to run with scissors much less a set of loppers.:happydance:
i posses the unique ability to "rip and clip".:)

call me when you find out what the doc. says.

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
People of Ridemonkey My Lover and I will being flying in from Sweden to ride the RockWinder these upcoming days. I have been equestrian training very much on steep sloping mountains in Scandinavia. The bicycle riding will be very exciting. SpaZwell
is you coming to the RockWinder!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
People of Ridemonkey My Lover and I will being flying in from Sweden to ride the RockWinder these upcoming days. I have been equestrian training very much on steep sloping mountains in Scandinavia. The bicycle riding will be very exciting. SpaZwell
is you coming to the RockWinder!
riders of the RockWinder anxiously are awaiting the arrival of an esteemed equestrian chasesteepler like yourself.
we have a RocksSouthern trail that will hopefully require all of your horsemanship skills.

will you require sweetfeed or oats for your between run snacking ?

unfortunately.
we don't have a hitchin post for your lover.
i guess we can just tie her to a truck bumper.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
My truck is packed. I have to go to work tommorow until noon. I was hoping to take the whole day off but it didn't work out. So I will be to Oak Ridge around 10pm Friday night.

See everyone Saturday morning around 10am.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Edited:

These bickering threads are stupid.

After a brief conversation via PM, I have to apologize to seabass. I did not mean to single him out, since it takes two to argue - his was just the first post, so that's why I focused on it. I just don't want a small sub-forum like this being turned into an argument zone.

So, let me re-iterate: guys, stop arguing. I know some of you don't like each other. That's okay, there's a lot of people around here who don't like each other - just stop bickering. Move on with your lives and ignore those few people who you don't like.

I hope Joey can see past his frustration enough to bury the hatchet with anyone who wants to make peace. The DH community is small and tightly knit - just a little bad blood is too much.

The thread is unlocked so you can continue to discuss this trip, just please stop the bickering or it'll get locked up tight again.

Most of all, though, I hope everyone has fun at Windrock... post pictures!

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
Thanks. Well said and right on target. I apologize as well. It's all too easy to be an a$$ on the internet (pretty easy for me in real life as well!). I hope things get patched up.

Have a good weekend, everyone. :cheers:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I've been around Joey a lot lately and I really don't think he cares. I think there is way more to this online than in real life. I've found that Joey spends way more time thinking about riding and the trails he's going to build this winter rather than Butch.

I know both Seabass and Joey in real life and they are both great cyclists and really good guys.

Here's one to rub it in your faces... I'm heading to Windrock right now to buff the trails for this weekend.

:)

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I've been around Joey a lot lately and I really don't think he cares. I think there is way more to this online than in real life. I've found that Joey spends way more time thinking about riding and the trails he's going to build this winter rather than Butch.

I know both Seabass and Joey in real life and they are both great cyclists and really good guys.

Here's one to rub it in your faces... I'm heading to Windrock right now to buff the trails for this weekend.

:)
Thanks......:banghead: I'll sit here in my hole and stare at my knee....all weekend.:disgust:

But you all have a goodtime this weekend!:cheers:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks......:banghead: I'll sit here in my hole and stare at my knee....all weekend.:disgust:

But you all have a goodtime this weekend!:cheers:
No excuse...

As I hear it TURBOLVR (aka Karl) has been told not to ride and that he might even need surgery for a ganked up knee. Yet he is on his way.... :cupidarrow:

They make drugs and alcohol for a reason other than making meth mouth skanks look attractive. :banana:

;)