Quantcast

High Gear invading Windrock Oct 14-15th

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there'll be some runs being thrown down that weekend for sure.

not unlike every other weekend up here.
people have no idea of the sessions we've been having up here lately.

due to various issues.
i'll be foregoing the race at the shoe this weekend, and will be up there getting a head start on trail prep.
the place needs alot of grooming between now and then to get as many trails fully open and up to speed.
we've all been riding a fewer number of trails this year, and many have been allowed to grow over in order to focus on keeping the favorites open and rippin fast.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yeah.
there were a couple of things that were starting to add up against it.

so i'll let john enjoy a "hollow victory":).

i'll definately miss that condo and it's prime location.
nothin like rollin off the front porch and dropping in on the course.
and rolling off the lift and coasting back to the porch.

it doesnt get any lazier than that for someone like me who hates pedaling.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the high gear crowd is thinning out as time goes on.
seems most of them were figuring to hit us up in november, as in years past.
but our decision to shut some trails down as the leaves fall and cover them, throws that plan into the dumpster.
plus the windmill trail will be off limits as hunting season ramps up.

that being the case.
we'll still have john, heather and the core of their group down that weekend and perhaps once more before seasons end.

i'm getting less opportunities to get up there and do the usual maintaining that needs to be done this time of year.
so you probably won't be seeing leafblown perfection this fall, but i'll weedeat and keep all deadfall clear.

i'm looking forward to it loo.
it'll rip.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'd planned on getting up there today.

but i gotta homeowner who can't make up his mind what he wants.
so i'm sitting here drawing up more plans for him to look at and be indecisive about.

being inside on a day like today, SUCKS !!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
you don't take the hint very well do you ?

you've shot your mouth off in my direction way too many times.
i'm over it.

stay home.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you don't take the hint very well do you ?

i'm over it.

stay home.
So let me see if I get this right. I suggested intermediate trails at Windrock because I thought it would help you cover your expenses. You said No Way. I tried to explain my reasoning for it.
You said the trails weren't condusive to intermediatte terrain and bunches of people typed pages and pages with arguments for and against both sides, including some dude you don't like whatsoever that I don't even know.
You then deleted the thread because it was going in circles.
I moved on.
You posted a thread on another forum about some guy you hate on here that you have a long standing beef with and threw my name in in it and said negative crap about me on it. And you add that people in that thread can "say whatever they want without people getting all upset about it". This dude you hate sends me a link to it and I read it.
I post, talk trash out of good natured humor with you because you said "that's what it's all about". I even made peace with a guy on there who thought I had slammed on him years ago at Sugar. I then invited those guys AND YOU...on that forum to come ride a gem we have down here.

I've sent you, Doug and Ben tons of offers to come ride what we got here over the years. I've asked for your input and assistance in building stuff elsewhere. I've stopped trailside on more than one occasion at Windrock to move crap off trail or to try to help fix something out of whack. I asked if you were OK when you ate **** on Southern Rocks last time we were there. I offered to take a turn driving that day so you could do another run.

We've sent countless emails back and forth trying to figure out a way to have a successful event there.
I sent Kirt Voreis up there this summer to ride. He wound up bringing the NWD guys to film with him.
I got in touch with all the pro team managers and riders I could think of to get them to Windrock the week before or following Sugar.

Now why on earth are you gonna ban me from Windrock? A place I've always said nothing but good about and paid my money to help you keep trails open at every time I've ever set foot on the mountain.
I pay Doug or anybody else gas money for running me up if I'm solo.

You might not like my lack of couth and I might not like your ego but so what? We aren't married. We ride DH.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Oh shut the hell up!
Atleast you got to ride on Wednesday!
don't fret.
it'll be just as good tommorrow.
plus my week long bout with food poisining will be ancient history.

i'll be there a little before 10am to cut out the tree on gt4.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm over it.
your selective memory cracks me up.

your venom towards me and anyone else that dares jostle your "fragile little ego", (your words, not mine. remember ?) has made a rather uncomfortable bed for you to lie in.

this has very little to do with the items that you've listed above.
but rather how you've dealt with those and other issues you've interjected yourself into.

like i said, i'm over it.

you've never ridden here so much that it'll affect you adversely anyway.
plus you have all you secret locales and an e-mail list of hundreds.

enjoy.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
your selective memory cracks me up.

your venom towards me and anyone else that dares jostle your "fragile little ego", (your words, not mine. remember ?) has made a rather uncomfortable bed for you to lie in.

this has very little to do with the items that you've listed above.
but rather how you've dealt with those and other issues you've interjected yourself into.

like i said, i'm over it.

you've never ridden here so much that it'll affect you adversely anyway.
plus you have all you secret locales and an e-mail list of hundreds.

enjoy.
Call me back Joey. I left you my number on my voice mail. The internet is useless. You've never once said anything about all this to my face. Don't know why you're slamming me online. Seriously, talk to me instead of expecting me to remember e-battles.

As for not riding there enough...it's because I have had 2 kids in 3 years dude and built a home. Before that I came to Windrock almost twice a month!

"Fragile little ego"...yep I said that. You also said on the hucksters site that you were posting on there because "people should be able to say anything they want without everybody else getting pissed of getting their feelings hurt." If that's the case, that should go for me too.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
the windrock soaps kick off again... lol

im just stoked as hell to be riding again tomorrow. Last weeks weather sucked but it was a great weekend to be stuck at work. I always seem to get off on the beautiful days...:cheers:

Jun 11, 2004
Bump for any yahoos looking to ride that weekend.
I've heard that you guys rent a U-Haul truck and trailer for that weekend.........I might have to come up solo that weekend since most of my regular riding buddies will be out of town.......question is...if I kick in some $$$ towards the U-Haul and gas will I be able to shuttle with the HighGear Crew?

Please let me know.........

If not, its looking like the last weekend in October with Jeff, John, and the rest of "Da-Drop" boys for me! :biggrin:

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
F'ing locals suck it:brows:
Not fair you can ride there all the time.
You gonna ride more than half a day next time ace?:pirate2:
Ouch! :bonk: hahaha yeah, we had an awesome session a few weeks ago. i did about 8 or 9 runs, some from the top. i feel like im kinda sorta back in shape now! then we went to bigfoot, did some trail work, then hit the dirt jumps. :cheers:

when are you guys coming back?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I've heard that you guys rent a U-Haul truck and trailer for that weekend.........I might have to come up solo that weekend since most of my regular riding buddies will be out of town.......question is...if I kick in some $$$ towards the U-Haul and gas will I be able to shuttle with the HighGear Crew?

Please let me know.........

If not, its looking like the last weekend in October with Jeff, John, and the rest of "Da-Drop" boys for me! :biggrin:
i think if everything goes as planned.
we'll have a diesel pick-up w/longbed low trailer w/a long rack for about 12 or so bikes.
toss is an assortment of other various vehicles.
and you'll have no problem getting in all the runs you want that weekend.

bring it on dave.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Kroger Spare Ribs.... you had it coming :bonk:
:)
you got it.
and never again.

they tell you never to hit the grocery store hungry.
i now know first hand all about that.

doug.
could today have been any better ?
as wet as i've ridden the place all year at 9am.
the lower third in as thick a fog as we've seen in a while.
and everything above as deep a blue sky as could be.
and just kept getting better run after run.

wednesday won't get here soon enough.

Jun 11, 2004
i think if everything goes as planned.
we'll have a diesel pick-up w/longbed low trailer w/a long rack for about 12 or so bikes.
toss is an assortment of other various vehicles.
and you'll have no problem getting in all the runs you want that weekend.

bring it on dave.
Excellent!

Looks like I'll be making the 3 hour voyage to "The Rock" twice this month then.........:biggrin:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
:)
doug.
could today have been any better ?
as wet as i've ridden the place all year at 9am.
the lower third in as thick a fog as we've seen in a while.
and everything above as deep a blue sky as could be.
and just kept getting better run after run.

wednesday won't get here soon enough.
Yeah, it was an excellent day of pure riding greatness. No training for races, no poser wanna be hanging around, just muddy bikes and dirty kits. It was great.

I headed over to Bigfoot and met Corey for some dirt jumping later in the afternoon and it was great there too. Not as good, but a nice end to the day.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
Yeah, it was an excellent day of pure riding greatness. No training for races, no poser wanna be hanging around, just muddy bikes and dirty kits. It was great.

I headed over to Bigfoot and met Corey for some dirt jumping later in the afternoon and it was great there too. Not as good, but a nice end to the day.
Yea you guys suck.... I rode x-country,it was great. I did get some dirt jumping in. But this "poser" will be there soon enough- JM

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Yea you guys suck.... I rode x-country,it was great. I did get some dirt jumping in. But this "poser" will be there soon enough- JM
ya know.
believe it or not, we wear shoes and actually have various types of floor covering down here in the south.

do ya get my drift ?