Quantcast

High School Seniors Suspended for Biking to School

splat

Nam I am
funny but back in the dark ages before rampant morbid obesity (mid 70's) the bike racks/pen at Santa Monica High was always packed with 200-300+ bicycles. No bike lanes, busy streets, no lines of cars of parents picking up or dropping off students. You rode, walked, skate boarded or took public transportation, unless you were one of the few that had a car...
:stupid:

My School ( Santa Teresa High School , South San Jose ) the Bike racks were always full , bikes locked to fenches and other things to make room. no Bike lanes there either , and yes i rode my Bike to school!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:stupid:

My School ( Santa Teresa High School , South San Jose ) the Bike racks were always full , bikes locked to fenches and other things to make room. no Bike lanes there either , and yes i rode my Bike to school!
Lol I'm living just a mile from Santa Teresa and Blossom Hill

I rode my bike to school from 2nd grade through College..30 years later I'm still riding

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It depends on what you did after you tested out. I did the same and went to community college.

I never saw it as flunking out. More like sneaking out. :D
I saw it as getting out before I died of boredom. I tried 2 terms of JC, but at 17, I didn't have the focus. :rofl:

A year of semi-pro skating (slacking) followed by Navy > GI Bill > ASEE/BSCS. :D

My schools racks were full, but there was also about 5k kids. If you were late, you had to lock it to whatever you could find. Since the mayor was there, I would think the principal would have done a little more assessment before losing her sh!t.

<edit> I had a .75 GPA in high school. :panic:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm going to run on the platform of "Every Child Left Behind."
Mostly 'cause I hate kids. And the parents of most kids. Somehow in the last 20 years America has REALLY turned the retard corner when it comes to kids.
take a cue from nofx... run on the platform "fvck the kids"