Quantcast

*** Hill climb GMT***

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Did my first shuttle runs since 2011, Facebook reminded me of a broken collarbone this morning so I called my last run after doing a right foot off and under the pedal then a left foot off and shoulder glancing a tree not long after.
There was at least a couple of "Did somebody bring a hardtail, is that a hardtail?"
Had a great day and realised that I may not be too old for moderate DH stuff on a hardtail, the bike was flawless all day.

The only thing I didn't like is that the aluminum pedal pins get way more slippery than steel in the rain.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully riding, probably not mtb as still wondering if I fractured something in my wrist last Saturday. I should do something about that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That is balls.

How did your wife's hands do on that trip?
Having only MTB'd a few times this year she crushed it in the 100 mile race and then some of the trail riding she did clipped in on the rest of the road trip was super slick/technical (normally flats on her trail bike). Obviously not going to be able to cure the arthritis, but the carpal is doing better and the grips that @Westy recommended have been amazing for her.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Race day. Haley's out on the track walk. Wifey and Hannah are coming down for the race. Dinner with the @Pesqueeb clan was fun. Haley, who doesn't compliment anything, complimented his quiche. It was very good.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi all

germ tube to Seattle this afternoon. shall mow lawns and finish last minute packing before then eh

newly rebuilt rear wheel for the commuter e-bike is also being dropped off soon

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morn. We took in a foster pup yesterday and she slept right through the night. The next few nights are the real test though...the fosters always sleep great that first night.

I got up at 5:00 so I could get my bike ride done before the weather turns to hell. I did 57 miles on wet roads then ran two miles, and I was covered in muck when I finished. I am not convinced my shower got it all off.

Foster dog. Five month old, 20 pound "lab mix" with the freaky eyes. Her name is Star and I call her "Star Crunch"

449017055_10229505374212364_7772353014417909809_n.jpg

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Started running regularly again today, five years ago. 1 mile per day minimum, usually more. Not much faster, but feel better, body fat is down, resting heart rate and BP are too. Going for a good trot on the trail...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At gate. Supposed to board 40 min ago. Some issue with a cargo bay component that needs blessing from Chicago in order to defer its repair.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trying to get Frita ready for a day trip to the beach tomorrow. Decided to clean up the area around the water heater. The new one is the same as the second one, but the door fits kinda funny. Got the bump stops installed and need to cut the driver's side steps out. Good times.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Big mountains up in the north are known for their consistent and mild temperatures. Also the mountain goats like it if you scratch the tops of their heads right between the horns.View attachment 213782
There was a field of bison here and the tourists would try to pet them. They weren't some hybrid, they were wild car-sized animals. They had to moving the bison on account of how the tourists were tracing parabolas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There was a field of bison here and the tourists would try to pet them. They weren't some hybrid, they were wild car-sized animals. They had to moving the bison on account of how the tourists were tracing parabolas.
People are just as dumb here, the goats look small and cuddly but those horns have been known to disembowel people.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
People are just as dumb here, the goats look small and cuddly but those horns have been known to disembowel people.
Yeah, pardon my french, but that fucking thing looks dangerous. That stance is predatory and aggressive. And it's jacked. However I can also imagine two redneck parents telling their 9 year old to pet it while they take a picture.