Quantcast

Hill Testing Specialized in Whistler

May 16, 2008
I know that it already seems pretty obvious he is riding for specialized. Just thought people would like to hear. Hes been up here for the last few days along with tons of specialized dudes and guys decked out in FSA gravity stickers. Today i saw him in all black kit, no sponsors, helmet off, and on his Sunday. than later on in the day saw someone in the exact same kit but with one of the new demos in the lift line and not taking there helmet off. Looked like him ..... but maybe not?? hehe you decide.

i feel like paparazzi or something

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
DUDE! Get a picture of his 'kit' so that I can buy the exact same pants-suit to race in next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, must be cool to see him ride up there. I swear the normal laws of physics don't apply to him.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I know he is in BC right now, he's been spotted riding a dirt bike around Kamloops too.

Coincidently there's a DH race in Kamloops this weekend, a mostly for fun type 19+ minute DH course. Hmmmmmm

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
You know in Star Wars when the Princess has all those clones around so when they try to assassinate her they end up sniping the clone instead of the real Princess? This is the exact same thing. Buncha amateurs.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i thought i saw a hill clone up there on wed. evidently he was he.

wicked day up there. conditions were absolutely perfect. no lines, sunny & dry. great season ender (now that the weather has turned to ****e for the foreseeable future).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Am I the only one that noticed no demo bikes on 09 spec site? Search gives only demo... shorts...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Can't be - jonKranked's link works for me and I'm in Poland right now (as you know).
They just don't want you to see it! :monkey:
That made me really confused, yet it makes me feel special ;)

From what I understand, nothing official has been signed yet, and Iron Horse still has right to first refusal. Good times!
I doubt spec would shoout itself in the leg with first showing a WC stripes bike on interbike when they were not sure if they will have Hill. That would hurt them really bad.

NorthWest

Chimp
Feb 11, 2008
Bellingham, WA
gauge interest? Like, make a SH lookalike bike to see if anyone would actually buy one if he rode for them?

I think not. I'd only ride a Sam Hill Demo if it was a new bike some are predicting for 2010.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
That made me really confused, yet it makes me feel special ;)

I doubt spec would shoout itself in the leg with first showing a WC stripes bike on interbike when they were not sure if they will have Hill. That would hurt them really bad.
true, but technically they do have a current world champ on the roster with Alvarez.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Specialized has won numerous world champs already, so technically those stripes mean nothing at all. Sam has been testing numerous bikes on and off, so Specialized may well have jumped the gun. Only time will tell for now, as his contract isn't up at Iron Horse until the end of the year.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Norwegian representatives "confirmed" Sam on the Specialized roster for next year. Hope there was something real in that, for their sake :)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
true, but technically they do have a current world champ on the roster with Alvarez.
The chances of him running the demo 8 with new boxxers in 4x are less than likely next year ;)

BTW. Transcend - I know but I seems like spec likes the speculation to continue and if it happened that Hill went somewhere else they could get some flame. That's not so good for a company so keen on marketing ;)

Last edited: