Quantcast

hills crash maribor

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
yeh he's going so fast into that section

i just didnt want to get forum-jockeyd by some arsehole about reposting stuff

he obviously wasnt lucky but a crash like that at that speed he was doing well to be able to jump back quickly

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
jeez, i would be super pissed at myself for throwing it away like that. props to hill for not making a complete meal of it and injuring himself.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Looked a bit like Nadia Komenich on that dismount... well done.

How much time would you guess he lost there? Crash/rumble in the bushes/remount/get back to speed... Looks about 6 1/2 seconds from hitting the bush to back on the bike. I'd guess close to 10 seconds lost all together.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Looked a bit like Nadia Komenich on that dismount... well done.

How much time would you guess he lost there? Crash/rumble in the bushes/remount/get back to speed... Looks about 6 1/2 seconds from hitting the bush to back on the bike. I'd guess close to 10 seconds lost all together.

agreed. how far behing Greg was he in the end? :rolleyes:

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
every time hill crashes he still comes in about 5 seconds behind 1st place.

When I crash it takes me 10 seconds to realise I am still not on my bike!

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
agreed. how far behing Greg was he in the end? :rolleyes:

Yeah, less than 5 seconds... and from a armchair perspective the bottom of the course suited Greg over Sam.

One of these days Sam is gonna pull a real crusher off, and not fall. Until then, I guess it's all good for him as long as he can still win overall titles...

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
It was posted in the Maribor thread yesterday and someone was complaining that he didn't re-enter the course at the same spot and therefore cheated - which if you watch the video can see that's pushing it a little too far.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Yeah, less than 5 seconds... and from a armchair perspective the bottom of the course suited Greg over Sam.

One of these days Sam is gonna pull a real crusher off, and not fall. Until then, I guess it's all good for him as long as he can still win overall titles...
He's got tracks that suit him over anyone else coming up, Champery and Val di Sole - if he doesn't slaughter everyone at both of those I'd be a bit surprised.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .

One of these days Sam is gonna pull a real crusher off, and not fall. Until then, I guess it's all good for him as long as he can still win overall titles....
agreed. amazing though that he can crash and still get the results he does. i think he hold back a little for a cleaner run and still win on a lot of the courses.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
He's got tracks that suit him over anyone else coming up, Champery and Val di Sole - if he doesn't slaughter everyone at both of those I'd be a bit surprised.
The most brilliant man on the monkey speaks truth. Those should be amazing races to watch. I was never really a full blown fan boi but after watching The Entree I have a whole new respect for the way he does things.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Looks like he grabbed a tear off a little too late and the corner snuck up on him.
Nice catch I didn't notice that at first.
In one of the Dirt mag videos, he explains the crash: Went for a tear-off, missed, got it on the 2nd try, but lost his concentration/timing and couldn't get on the brakes fast enough to make the turn afterwards.

In looking at the video, he's lucky he didn't stack into that tree. Could've been much worse.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
In one of the Dirt mag videos, he explains the crash: Went for a tear-off, missed, got it on the 2nd try, but lost his concentration/timing and couldn't get on the brakes fast enough to make the turn afterwards.

In looking at the video, he's lucky he didn't stack into that tree. Could've been much worse.
Yes, real lucky, especially how he could have easily re-messed up his knee. Hell, he probably did and will still be the most feared man.