Quantcast

Hit & run, cyclist dies

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Hit & run in Colorado

I know a lot of people have heard about this already, hopefully prayers go out to the families of the deceased.

Not that we'd ever know if this would have prevented the accident, but I hope people remember how important it is to pay attention to the "rules of the road"...especially at night when it's even harder to see a cyclist.
I heard about this on the news this morning and apparently multiple witnesses at the scene said that the cyclist had the red light.

Again, this is not anything at all about "he could've done this or that...", and it's mind boggling to think that someone would drive away from that; this is just a plea for people to remember those little things that could make a difference.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
It sucks when anybody dies, but at the same time, I can't help but to associate running a redlight on a bike in front of a trailer pulling pickup or riding a bike at 2:15am on 4th of July weekend to running into a lion cage with your arms full of meat.

But for all I know, the guy killed at night might have been riding his bike to avoid a DUI. But that is the same rational that got a friend of my brother killed. The kid decided to canoe to a lake party instead of drive, then got drunk, left for home, flipped the boat and drown.

Regardless of circumstances, sometimes your number comes up.

Please don't think of me as a total a-hole. All that matters to the families is that their loved ones are dead. My prayers go out to them.