Quantcast

hmmmm...

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
hey monkeys,
i wasthinking that since a downhill bike that i would be interested in would only have like an inch or two of rear travel that my jamis dakar xlt. so what would be the maximum fork that i could put on that frame without risk of extra stress on the head tube.

dual crown pros are extra support compared to its length unlike a single crown of a simmular length.

or should i just suck it up with my 120mm manitou black

thanks guys

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
Would you rather me talk like this? I will use commas, and periods, and full sentences to please you.

and i dont think "BBWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!" is a word, or even a noise a normal human would make.
Well, with such an astute observation, one would have easily identified the verbiage in question as an Internet colloquialism indicating a huge outburst of laughter at the aforementioned post.

:cool:

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
im going to condense the graduated cylender of your two line stanza by embarking on an oddyssey of subsidising your taxidermist like insuficientcies in trivial knowledge and lack of supercalafragalisticexpialadotioedness.
:cool: :cool:

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
BIRDMAN111 said:
Would you rather me talk like this? I will use commas, and periods, and full sentences to please you.

and i dont think "BBWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!" is a word, or even a noise a normal human would make.
Well if you are going to try to be proper now, I should point out that you only made about 5 errors in three sentences. Not bad.

You should say "I talk like this" rather than "me".

You should not follow a comma by the word "and" like where you say "commas, and periods".

You do not use a comma in the last instance where you do use "and".

It should be ......"commas, periods and full sentences".....

You should start your last sentence with an upper case "And" rather than "and".

I'm sure you know all this however, so I'll stop being a di@k now.:)

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
anyone's I.Q. or grammer can not change the fact that a dakar xlt is NOT, nor will it ever be, a downhill bike.

Keep the manitou black fork on there. If you put anything bigger on there, the bike will feel very unbalanced, even if it's always going downhill.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Its simple, run what you brung. If you can only afford the Jamis then ride it like a DH bike. Just do not expect it to last very long. Not to mention riding that bike on DH trails will make you either a smoother rider or a really really sore rider. Have Fun!!!!

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
BIRDMAN111 said:
hey monkeys,
i wasthinking that since a downhill bike that i would be interested in would only have like an inch or two of rear travel that my jamis dakar xlt. so what would be the maximum fork that i could put on that frame without risk of extra stress on the head tube.

dual crown pros are extra support compared to its length unlike a single crown of a simmular length.

or should i just suck it up with my 120mm manitou black

thanks guys
If you are asking to put a dual crown on a dakar...DO NOT DO IT!
You will die. A dual crown will shatter that head tube!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Dartman said:
No SK6 isn't normal and he usually looks like this when he makes that sound...

Look at the stud in the Superman Shirt - WOW - I bet all the chicks did him.

O-yeah I vote this the worse thread of the week. The only thing saving this thread is the hot guy in the superman shirt.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
SDH said:
If you are asking to put a dual crown on a dakar...DO NOT DO IT!
You will die. A dual crown will shatter that head tube!

i was only considering the advice given to me by bearmtnpicnic over the summer. not that i should ever trust his advice...sorry charlie i had to throw you under the buss.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Birdy, if you are on a budget and stilll want to DH there are options for you;
1. a Jr. T $150-300
2. Manitou Slider $200
3. Big Hit FSR $300-500 for a frame
4. Haro Extreme $200-300 for a frame
5. Santa Cruz Bullit $250-400 for a frame
6 Santa Cruz Heckler $400-500 for a frame
These arn't fancy set-ups but they will allow you to ride aggesivly and run harder courses without the concerne of trashing out your Dakar

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
ebay is also a good choice, start with a decent frame if you are willing to do a build.

also, bbbwwaaaaaa is probably the most natural noise i've ever made.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
unfortunatly ive been informed that my parents are making me pay for my car insurance when i get my licence in january, and my life gaurding jub is over untill next june, so even if i wanted to buy your 7point (which i would) i wouldnt be able to afford it untill next summer, unless i find time to get a job on the weekends.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
well then what is your greater love in life? Your parents approval or getting the most pimped out rig you can get your hands on? If the latter is your top priority then I am sure that tattooo can hook you with a couple of folks that would throw some money your way providing you do the payees a couple of favors. Can you help the boy Tattooo?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I do "know a guy...."

Have you ever dressed up in tutu for money?
Its just a question...

Robusto

Monkey
Although it sounds alot funner to go along with everybody else, and come up with bad ideas on how you could get some money... I'm going to have to say just to go with that you've got. My friend did a few races on his P1 with 100mm of travel, and it kind of worked... I guess.

Aside from that... SK6 I'm guessing you're the guy in the picture, bent over, and wearing black? I remember seeing you at all the races I've been to this year, just never really matched the face with the name. This is my first year riding anything other than dirtjumps, so Im just trying to meet everyone in the area who rides. Im the kid on the beat up red Ironhorse, so next time up at Snowshoe Ill say hi or something.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Jubs? Where are the fun in those?
I think welfare or unemployment could fund a pretty good season if you had mom and dad contributing to the general malaise of the DH universe.

Van, you coming out for the last Wisp race?