Quantcast

hmmmm...

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Hah I wish, I'm still riding my trance. I mean I could always try hucking it down a downhill course, I may come out with a broken pelvis, ribs, skull.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
Robusto said:
Although it sounds alot funner to go along with everybody else, and come up with bad ideas on how you could get some money... I'm going to have to say just to go with that you've got. My friend did a few races on his P1 with 100mm of travel, and it kind of worked... I guess.

Aside from that... SK6 I'm guessing you're the guy in the picture, bent over, and wearing black? I remember seeing you at all the races I've been to this year, just never really matched the face with the name. This is my first year riding anything other than dirtjumps, so Im just trying to meet everyone in the area who rides. Im the kid on the beat up red Ironhorse, so next time up at Snowshoe Ill say hi or something.
no, the guy wearing black and bending over is sirknight

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, as a Jamis dealer, I can not let this go on any longer. do not, and I repeat, DO NOT put a dual crown fork on a Dakar. You will void every warranty known to man, and probably hurt yourself.

Also, like everyone else has said, get a real big hit bike, you will just end up getting hurt on a Dakar. They are great all mountain bikes, but that is what they are, all mountain bikes.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
OK, as a Jamis dealer, I can not let this go on any longer. do not, and I repeat, DO NOT put a dual crown fork on a Dakar. You will void every warranty known to man, and probably hurt yourself.

Also, like everyone else has said, get a real big hit bike, you will just end up getting hurt on a Dakar. They are great all mountain bikes, but that is what they are, all mountain bikes.
yes i know. i didnt not think it was a good idea from the begining, but thought i would ask.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006

im really not concerned with getting hurt. im not gonna be going fast enough to really **** my self up.

what about a 66 only 30mm(150mm, and people put nixons on all mountain bikes theyre like 145-150) more travel...i dunno im worried

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
im really not concerned with getting hurt. im not gonna be going fast enough to really **** my self up.

what about a 66 only 30mm(150mm, and people put nixons on all mountain bikes theyre like 145-150) more travel...i dunno im worried
A 66 will kill you on that frame just a quick as a dual crown. Still a lot of leverage on that head tube. It does not matter how fast or how slow you are going, (even XC speeds) if your head tube rips off (at almost any speed) it will be a trip to the hospital (without passing go).

PS
Yes, and I am a Jamis dealer too.............. :-)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
A 66 will kill you on that frame just a quick as a dual crown. Still a lot of leverage on that head tube. It does not matter how fast or how slow you are going, (even XC speeds) if your head tube rips off (at almost any speed) it will be a trip to the hospital (without passing go).

PS
Yes, and I am a Jamis dealer too.............. :-)
And do not collect $200.00