Quantcast

Holiday Farm six hour race

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Geez the age category 19-39. So a 39 year old fart like me would have to go up against youngsters eh? I'd get so schooled it isn't even funny. :dead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Geez the age category 19-39. So a 39 year old fart like me would have to go up against youngsters eh? I'd get so schooled it isn't even funny. :dead:
I'm more interested in riding for six hours in a competitive enviornment than I am getting a good finish. I do think I'd probably have a crap finish.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You will be fine. Youngsters typically don't do so well in endurance events. It is a game best suited for 30 somethings. Hell that is one of the reasons why I prefer long distance stuff. I can hand out spankings to Youngin's who school me during regular races.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Mark, check out the times in some of the local XC races, many times the 30-39 & 40-49 are faster then the 19-29.

I randomly picked one:
expert class at MOTM#2 '06

19-29
1 1:55:30
2 2:03:06
3 2:09:14

30-39
1 1:48:25
2 1:49:54
3 1:53:25

40-49
1 1:51:06
2 1:54:42
3 DNF

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I guess I just keep thinking about that one UConn kid at the Churn and Burn who rode like a bat outta hell for 12 hours - but he wasn't doing that solo was he? or mayb ehe was?

Either way you stack it up I'd be slow.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I guess I just keep thinking about that one UConn kid at the Churn and Burn who rode like a bat outta hell for 12 hours - but he wasn't doing that solo was he? or mayb ehe was?

Either way you stack it up I'd be slow.
he was a freak.......that easily won the 8 hour college race.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So what class are we all registering in ?

Me - Sport
IAB - Sport
Treesaw - Sport ???
Earl - Expert
DOug - Expert
MMcG -- Sport ??

who else is racing this ? Echo ? JBP ? Mert ?
IAB & MmcG could do Beg being they have only done (I think) 1 race before.
Earl would have to do sport. (theres no day of expert license)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
* until you have three top 3, or five top 5 in a USA cycling/NORBA XC race (with a minimal of 15 racers), you can race beginner *

ps: 24's dont count

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
So what class are we all registering in ?

Me - Sport
IAB - Sport
Treesaw - Sport ???
Earl - Expert
DOug - Expert
MMcG -- Sport ??

who else is racing this ? Echo ? JBP ? Mert ?

my orthopedist just took a look at my permanently swollen knee and said "WOW!" go get some MRI's done and i'll schedule your surgery. then, he actually looked at my knee...drained over 80cc's of fluid and ran out of container's or he could have taken out more...your knee is supposed to have 2cc's of fluid:nopity:
i'll find out next tuesday if i'm doing anything this summer...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
IAB & MmcG could do Beg being they have only done (I think) 1 race before.
Earl would have to do sport. (theres no day of expert license)

YOu were at my one and only XC race - and as you know - I didn't get very far in that one. :(

I still think of you and your being unable to unclip your shoe from your pedal in Winsted!!! But at least you didn't get a DNF like me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
my orthopedist just took a look at my permanently swollen knee and said "WOW!" go get some MRI's done and i'll schedule your surgery. then, he actually looked at my knee...drained over 80cc's of fluid and ran out of container's or he could have taken out more...your knee is supposed to have 2cc's of fluid:nopity:
i'll find out next tuesday if i'm doing anything this summer...
mert - that does not sound too encouraging. Keep us posted.

Perhaps it might be best to have the knee taken care of (whatever that may mean) now so that in the long run you'll have many many more years of riding in front of you.

Sending my best your way.

Mark

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
YOu were at my one and only XC race - and as you know - I didn't get very far in that one. :(

I still think of you and your being unable to unclip your shoe from your pedal in Winsted!!! But at least you didn't get a DNF like me.
haha - that was a crazy race!

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
This looks tempting but I'll probably be at a family party in Chicago that weekend.

I heard through the grapevine that for the XC race they are holding this weekend that they removed the 2 mile long hill from the course. I wonder if it would be part of this course?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This looks tempting but I'll probably be at a family party in Chicago that weekend.

I heard through the grapevine that for the XC race they are holding this weekend that they removed the 2 mile long hill from the course. I wonder if it would be part of this course?
The website says the climb isn't as long as it was for the 24 hour races. They cut off part of the climb and send you into singletrack.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'll find out if this w/e's course (which I pre rode wednesday ) will be the same. If so, then yes you dont do any of that paticular long road climb, but I am pretty sure theres close to the same amount of climbing, just broken up into different sections of the 8 mile course.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm bailing on this race. I've decided to go to KT that weekend with Wifey and a couple of monkeys. This was the only weekend our schedules all jived.

Three days of riding > one six hour race

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What made you think that ?

All of the photos of guys on CX/Road bikes on the bikereg site.

Also because it says it is a warm up to the VT 50 or whatever.

No biggie. Looks like the "promoters" of the race do put on a major CX race as well.

You racing in it splaticus?