Quantcast

Holiday Farm six hour race

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yup, I did!

It was great! The racers, the course, the feedzone, the weather...all great!

Course: 6.75 miles, pretty much a figure 8 so if you brought a friend/pit person they could hook you up twice a lap. But my pit consisted of 6 prefilled bottles in a cooler, I did 3 stops there and 2 more to pee. I drank 7 bottlles! The course had a little bit of everything, field, dirt road, single track, climbs, roots, bridges, fast decents, rocks, streams, and the "over".

I was happy with my performance especially with pretty consitant lap times. Started w/a 43, did a bunch of 45's, then maybe up to a 50 and threw down a 48 for my 8th lap, putting me into 4th expert old farts...8 laps, 53 miles in 6:17

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Good job Doug!

I would have liked to enter the race but I was out of town last weekend. The last time I raced there was summer '06 at the XC race and it was brutal, so brutal that they changed up a bunch of stuff for this years Root 66 race earlier this summer.

What is left on your race schedule for this fall?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks...I was checking the lap times last night and my friend put down his fastest lap in his 7th (and last) lap...he was scared he wouldnt finish it by the cutoff time! (6:30)

yeah, too many people complained about the long dirt road climb so they havent been putting that in any races.

me (definite)
Platty#3
Platty#4
VT50

maybe:
Mount Snow/Root66 or Foliage Whiteface climb (same day)
Local CX races

whats your schedule?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I must be the only one that likes that climb @ Dalton :twitch:

Ashford > I dont have a real Solo in me, and I dont want to do one and spend 1/2 or 1/3 of the time off the bike.
plus theres the 1-2 weeks recovering
plus I'd have to find a pit crew
AND You all wanted to a duo so team 4MAAB didnt happen, and I didnt hear of anyone looking for a 4th so I decided to spend that money to go to KT instead :D

I really liked the DH40 (miler) and Dalton 6 hour, no crew needed, a couple days to recover, less money, etc so I'll seek out/train for that length of race...I cant wait for the VT50!!!

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
This what I have penciled in, but the central park races are always tough around the holidays.

9/9 - Plattekill XC #3, Root 66 Landmine Classic or Blue Mountain Chain Stretcher (still undecided)
9/16 - Root 66 Mt. Snow XC Challenge
9/30 - Tymor Park Challenge
10/6 - Plattekill XC #4 or Lake Desolation Hill Climb
10/21 - Uncle Sam CX race in Troy (maybe)
10/28 - Central Park Halloween Race
11/22 - Central Park Thanksgiving Race
12/23 - Central Park X-mas Race

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'll be at the central park ones too (if they happen), oh and Darkness at 909 (if it happens). I so wish the Lake D climb was Saturday so I could do that & Platty.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I'll be at the central park ones too (if they happen), oh and Darkness at 909 (if it happens). I so wish the Lake D climb was Saturday so I could do that & Platty.
Doug - How have the turnouts been at plattekill? They look a little small from the results on the site.

I'm actually learning towards picking the Hudson To Highlands race that has been having 20+ sport racers in my age group each time. The Root 66 race is close to 4 hours away, a little outside my range.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Platty turnsout are low, I think its a combo of having 4 races there and XC'ers being scared, but I am in for the entire series being its the NYS championship.