Quantcast

Hollow star nut.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey woods: you got any serious time on that affix stem setup?

I was looking around at hydro gyros and it looks like there are still some of those old trixer setups still around......found a bunch of random forum posts on other sites where people claim they leak. Looks like atomlab has one now, I'd never even heard of it until today. Then I guess there's this setup you've got. Trying to figure out which one works the best.

Seems like that affix system would put more leverage on the seals from having pressure from the bar working on them...

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Hey woods: you got any serious time on that affix stem setup?

I was looking around at hydro gyros and it looks like there are still some of those old trixer setups still around......found a bunch of random forum posts on other sites where people claim they leak. Looks like atomlab has one now, I'd never even heard of it until today. Then I guess there's this setup you've got. Trying to figure out which one works the best.

Seems like that affix system would put more leverage on the seals from having pressure from the bar working on them...
No serious ride time yet, but looks to be made as well as the Atomlab one. The stem is one piece of aluminum which goes through the gyro. Lots of steerer overlap. I don't see it putting extra load on the seals.

turncoat topcap is a perfect solution.
I saw that. Very clean looking, but it's heavier than my solution and twice the cost at wholesale. I only paid $15 to have a shop thread my fork. The nut was free out of the loose bits bin.