Quantcast

Hollowtech II bottombrackets vs durability

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
Are there any HT II bottombrackets which can cope with a fair amount of grime and bad weather? The cracking is driving me insane...

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
You'll probably get a load of different answers, but Chris King do make a sweet "outboard" BB.

User serviceable and great quality.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Are there any HT II bottombrackets which can cope with a fair amount of grime and bad weather? The cracking is driving me insane...
cracking as in a creaking noise when pedaling hard? Or are you actually breaking them?

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
cracking as in creacking noise when pedaling, but all the time instead of pedaling hard. i haven´t broken one yet. i´ve stumbled upon the pace rc-80, any epinions on that?

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
the bb is tightened down, the bearings are shot, hence the question if there are any which will last me longer than 4-6 month...
endurobearings are way to expensive, if my quick google search was correct.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Did you use grease on the cups in the BB shell when you installed them? Sometimes too little grease (or lack of any grease) will lead to creaking.

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
endurobearings are way to expensive, if my quick google search was correct.
Cost is about $15 for the bearings or $75 if you get their BB kit. I run my Shimano until they fail and then pop in the enduro bearings. The Enduro bearings last longer and spin better. Worth the price of admission IME :thumb: