Quantcast

HOly crap my bro's car just got stolen

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Just sittin' here scrolling away.... phone jsut rang. It's my bro. His car was just stolen from the mall.... his cool little Mazda 3. All gone.... Cops just arrived so he had to cut me off.

No es bueno.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BigMike said:
i'm just encouraging mike to find other outlets. like blogger. or livejournal. or xanga. :D

(or even a thread in some obscure forum like the Northeast, heh)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Toshi said:
i'm just encouraging mike to find other outlets. like blogger. or livejournal. or xanga. :D

(or even a thread in some obscure forum like the Northeast, heh)

i vote eastern canadian forum.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
The real pisser is he and his girlfriend lost about $3000 worth of stuff, and all the souvenirs and gifts they got on the recent trip to St. Lucia. My bro lost a bunch of climbing gear including a rope. His roof rack, his ipod, a bunch of clothes....

The car is being replaced...but it's the personal stuff.....

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
MMike said:
The real pisser is he and his girlfriend lost about $3000 worth of stuff, and all the souvenirs and gifts they got on the recent trip to St. Lucia. My bro lost a bunch of climbing gear including a rope. His roof rack, his ipod, a bunch of clothes....

The car is being replaced...but it's the personal stuff.....
Homeowners insurance will cover that.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Oh, I didn't think you were serious; thought I sensed some dark sarcasm.

My roommate's 1990 Eagle got jacked over the summer from our driveway, but the cops found it on the side of the road, probably because the transmission was crapped out. Last year my RA's (PA's) 1984 toyota truck was stolen out of our apartment's garage, along with another car and my bike.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
kinghami3 said:
Oh, I didn't think you were serious; thought I sensed some dark sarcasm.

My roommate's 1990 Eagle got jacked over the summer from our driveway, but the cops found it on the side of the road, probably because the transmission was crapped out. Last year my RA's (PA's) 1984 toyota truck was stolen out of our apartment's garage, along with another car and my bike.
The cops found said caravan at a truckstop about 50 miles from where it was stolen within 2 weeks. There was some stupid damage from obviously riding it into a curb or something (wheel bearings, tie rod ends etc).

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Amazingly, my bro's car was recovered today. I would have thought it was half way to Saudi Arabia by now. And what' even MORE amazing is all of the stuff that was in the back was still there! Two brand new NOrth Face jackets...with the tags still on them.

He lost his iPod and the charger, and some CD's....basically anything that could be grabbed from the driver's seat. Obviously the ignition lock is smashed, but besides that, the car looks none the owrse for wear! Though he's glad all the stuff was recovered, he had gotten all excited about getting a replacement car....

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
MMike said:
Amazingly, my bro's car was recovered today. I would have thought it was half way to Saudi Arabia by now. And what' even MORE amazing is all of the stuff that was in the back was still there! Two brand new NOrth Face jackets...with the tags still on them.

He lost his iPod and the charger, and some CD's....basically anything that could be grabbed from the driver's seat. Obviously the ignition lock is smashed, but besides that, the car looks none the owrse for wear! Though he's glad all the stuff was recovered, he had gotten all excited about getting a replacement car....
My wife's Mazda3 has a chipped key. Does his not have that?