Quantcast

Holy smokes, Batman! Is Bush the real Dark Knight?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Bush is exactly like Batman, except for he's missing a few key things: Morality, Intelligence, Foresight, Mental Toughness, Empathy, Common Decency, Understanding, Willingness to help those in need, Alfred.

Other than those, perfect match.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Are you suggesting that he does, at least, own a black rubber suit?

Edit: Christ, *that* was in the WSJ? I just lost 10 IQ points reading that ridiculous drivel.

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

Edit: Christ, *that* was in the WSJ? I just lost 10 IQ points reading that ridiculous drivel.
Oh, he definitely owns one. It's just that his has a huge 18" strap-on dong, and he makes his wife wear it while he dons the ball-gag.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

The WSJ editorial pages are an abortion. You read the rest of the paper and it's good (except it's getting lighter on actual financial news coverage since Murdoch bought it) and then you get to the editorial page and you start to think they took a special needs class out of elementary school and had them fill in those pages.

Really, the only example of stupider "mainstream" media I can think of is Lopez over at the National Review.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
they regularly make fun of other apolitical columnists who contort their movie review/after game wrap-up/entertainment story into some sort of anti-conservative screed. i'll have to drop james taranto a line & get his take on it. i'm guessing he'll explain it - if he so chooses - with all the grace of a puppy atop a beach ball

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Almost as stupid as that WSJ editorial was the fact that the movie got a PG-13 rating. I guess you can show psychopathic violence as long as no one says **** and you make sure that no one sees tits...

I just re-read that editorial again. That has to be parody.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I should point this out, particularly since I am a comic book fan:

Bruce Wayne's parents were brutally murdered right before his eyes. He dedicated his entire life to honing himself to a knife's edge in order to wage war against crime.

George Bush's parentage allowed him to skate by in every facet of his life, from college to business to politics. He then comes up with the kooky idea of waging war against a country which has not directly hurt America in order to ensure re-election.