Quantcast

Holzfeller/Howitzer vs. Saint cranks...

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Any opinions? I'm ordering new cranks tomorrow, and was set on Saints, but figured I'd ask around a bit first. Weight is a bit of an issue as I'm trying to get a new build as light as reasonably possible within my budget. I've always run Profiles in the past but I figured I'd give these new fangled MTB cranks a try.

Thanks guys,

Chip

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Never had a problem out of my Holzfeller/Howitzer cranks, But then again.... My friend has never had a problem with his Saints either!

Both are great cranks, but mine came with the bike. If I had to go buy a set, I'd probably get the Saints.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Holzfellers came on my SXT and after about a month or so they started creaking. If I took them off and put them back on they'd be alright for a while. After a year they were so bad I could feel the creaking in my pedals. Taking them off and putting them back on would solve the creaking for 10mins at that point. Happened to lots of people I know as well. Add to that the weight and there's no reason to get them. I picked up a set of XT's and couldn't be happier.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
ive had both and i like saints because they are easier to take off and they have pinch bolts (no destroyed spindles)!

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
I love my Holzfellers OCT's they are light and super strong, they take a beating from my 235lb ass thats for sure.. The saints are nice too cant go wrong with either.. But for the price diff I think Holzfellers hands down.. What size are you looking for I have a new set of Holzfellers OCT 2.2 RG 175mm for $190 shipped..