Quantcast

home air compressor?

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
i had a craftsman 30 gallon... but that's probably alot more than u need. It wasn't too expensive and i used it for working on cars for like 4 years... before i traded it for a bike...

jhhubb

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
the all mighty 303
I have an older crafstman with a 5 or 10 gallon tank. To keep it from running all the time I turn it on when I need it and off when I don't (obviously). And yes you won't know how you survived without it.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
i had to buy one 2 weeks ago because i spent all my time at the gas station wasting stans.

it was like 120 and 3 gallon or something and came with a bunch of attatchments i'll never use.

prerogative

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
Danvers, MA
I started with a 5gal tank that I filled up at station when needed. Ask them to use the air inside, which allows you to fill it up to 125lbs, rather than the safer pressure outside for public.

Many years ago I got a compressor - cheap 4gal one that works fine, but is really loud. I still fill up the 5gal tank and use that for most uses (car/bike tires etc.) It's easier to drag around, and eliminates the compressor turning on at 2AM (after I forget to shut it off). For bigger jobs I move the compressor around, or run the hose.

Back to the point: the tank filled with 2' hose may work better than compressor with 50' hose on it. I know it does to blow out water lines (RV, short outside runs), but I'm sure either is fine for stan's (which I don't use). Good luck.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I picked one up at Kragen Auto Parts for $39.95. It does the job but is pretty noisey. I think it's a 1.5-2 Gal. size. I couldn't pass up that deal since all I use it for is inflating tires.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I just bought a 10gallon air tank, take it up to the tire inflator at the gas station to fill it up, even came with a regulator. $21.74 at Autozone. Best thing, IT'S PORTABLE! :thumb: