Quantcast

homebrewing advice

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i've been pondering trying homebrewing for the first time. i've done a couple batches of wine which have turned out pretty well & the beer making process doesnt seem that much different. i'm a beer snob so a bit apprehensive about producing 70 bottles i'm not going to like. whats the success rate? if i get a newcastle brown kit will it be a reasonable facsimile? any personal experiences & reccomendations? tanx!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
keep everything clean, and rinse the bottles really really well. Disinfectant remnants can contaminate the taste of the beer. Also, really control your temps in malting, brewing, fermenting, and conditioning.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
Apparently here in Utah they never got the message that prohibition ended, and having recently moved here, and also being a beer snob, I recently turned to home brewing. It is wonderful.

If you keep everything really clean (which is really easy with the no rinse sanitizers they have at any home-brew store), then your beer should come out great. If you've made wine, then it shouldn't be a problem at all. And you don't have to wait as long.

Cheers!