Quantcast

Homemade DH Bike - DC Special V3.0

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
after reading all of the post I thought the welds were going to be horible. They don't look that bad.
They actually look like they were done with a stick welder with 6011. Hey if the penetration is good let's not bust him up over it. This might inspire me to finish insulating my shop for the winter and get busy in it yet.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
The rear shock is mounted a litle bit scary,one big rock and bang there goes your'e shock if you crash:eek:.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
The rear shock is mounted a litle bit scary,one big rock and bang there goes your'e shock if you crash:eek:.
that what the garbage can protector is for... protecting the shock...

I think I fell in love with that bike, planning to sell it? could be effing awesome with a 13.75" bb height, a tad more standover height and a slacker headangle...

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i personally give mad props to whoever makes their own frame ( or whoever helped)
the engineering and the linkage is awesome looking too.
the only thing " other then the welds, this bike is solid"... welds are what makes a bike solid(or is it only me who thinks that)
welding ( for the most part) all about temperature and motion (depending on what position you are welding from)