Quantcast

Homo says what?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
A year ago I was getting drunk in some foreign country, breaking something and causing trouble...today I am painting my 'soon to be' new babies room pink! And while I am slapping on coats of dutch boys finest shade of pink I am dying to get results...Lopez not replying back from his phone in europe I knew something was up...then I scoured the net for this on canadian cyclist.com; Argh!!...this isnt the first time that gate has broken

4-Cross

A couple of hours later the 4-Cross started. Unfortunately, it would not be completed. The start gate failed and, 30 minutes later, while the light was fading, the organizers were still working on it. The final deciding factor was when a cloudburst rolled in from the south and thoroughly soaked everyone with a cold rain. The organizers and UCI officials have just released a statement that the event will be finished tomorrow afternoon after the downhill.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Kinda funny they can't have a relable gate when there are hundreds of BMX tracks that fire there gate of a huge number of times a weeks, and I've only seen one break once........

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
W..h...a...t............ (The hell are yo doing looking at womens jeans) or (what the hell goes through womens' minds)

W..h..a..t...........does BTW mean; I never understood it?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
mtnbrider said:
W..h...a...t............ (The hell are yo doing looking at womens jeans) or (what the hell goes through womens' minds)

W..h..a..t...........does BTW mean; I never understood it?
by the way; what you talking about?

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
wow there are more homosexuals in DH then I thought, /me sniggers under my breath

on a slightly different note, BTW means by-the-way
and this isn't the first i've heard of a gate failing at a major mtb race. maybe they bu the ones the nearby bmx tracks throw out?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Un-f-ing-real

The men did not race because the gate refused to work...last time I was at a race and the gate did not work they attempted to have someone stand on the gate and yell "GO"...that was Kaprun-finals, 2003. SO here we are again, no gate, no race...

I remember asking the UCI to reimburse our team that year for traveling over there to europe to race an event that had no gate, they told me I was insane...which I already knew, but man, how bout some of the people who paid their own way to get there (ala Jill Kintner) and have nothing to show for it.
Descending is a powerful word here now.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That is a serious bummer. Just curious, which cadence do they use for the gates at World Cups? Is it the NBL style, with a series of beeps? Or is it NORBA style and a guessing game?