Quantcast

Hood River locals?

Futurist Xen

Chimp
Mar 19, 2010
Hello All,

An East-Coaster was hoping to find some information about this (hopefully) fine town. Any info on the riding conditions/trails, climate, good places to eat/drink/live etc would be valued. Thanks a bunch.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Its a very fine town, I'd move there in a heartbeat if I found a job. Check out Double Mountain brewery right there in town, good vibes and great beers. The riding scene is huge, and you can pretty much ride year-round there. Too many trails to name, you won't regret it one bit so long as you love the outdoors. Its also a kiteboarding/ windsurfing mecca.

edit: I just moved back east from living in east Portland, where Hood River was my main riding location... Its an hour west of Hood River.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm not a local but I've done some ridingand drinking in the area. I'm mostly xc oreinted so Surveyor's Ridge, Knebal Springs, 8 Mile, and Dog River are my favorites. All good options within about 30 minutes of town. Post Canyon is very close.

Double Mtn Brewery has already been mentioned, I also like to check out the Brewer's Share special beer at Full Sail. They normally have some creative stuff and that's right around the corner from Double Mtn.