Quantcast

Hope Mono m4 Impressions

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Hm, weird. For some reason I remember my M4's braking in asap. Within a week I was at N* on my hardtail with 1 finger on each brake, and it was more than enough (small rotor in the rear too).

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
Well i put the rear mono mini on the rear last nite, apart from the lever pulling right back to the bar...its already better than the M4 front after the 2 mile ride to work.

PeteThomas

Chimp
May 24, 2004
You've probably got some fluid on the pads or the rotor.

Degreasing the rotor and sticking the pads under the grill to burn off any oil did wonders for mine.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Originally posted by PeteThomas
You've probably got some fluid on the pads or the rotor.

Degreasing the rotor and sticking the pads under the grill to burn off any oil did wonders for mine.
Fluid on rotor? Uh oh. Maybe that's why my lever went back to my handlebar after this fresh bleed and new pads. I soaked it in alcohol then cleaned it off though :confused: Don't see how that would effect the lever feel either.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
I dunno if the rubbing alchol is good for hopes, maybe Brian can enlighen us, but I cleaned my front rotor with it last night and now it squeaks :( . My lever feel is exactly the same though.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by The Kadvang
I dunno if the rubbing alchol is good for hopes, maybe Brian can enlighen us, but I cleaned my front rotor with it last night and now it squeaks :( . My lever feel is exactly the same though.
Its fine, also throw dirt on the rotor and caliper.