Quantcast

HOPE mono6 Ti technical question

Myles

Chimp
Jun 20, 2002
Montréal , Canada
Good day,

I have a question regarding the Mono6 rear caliper. I would like to know the distance between the two cap screws (part #16 and 17). Those two screws retains to the IS bracket. I'm asking because presently I have a floating brake system that is post-mount (on a 2004 Balfa BB7) and would have like to compare this distance to the one on my Hayes rear brake. I'm a bit fed up of my rear brake and would like to upgrade to a much more powerful brake.

What do you thinck?

Thanks alot for you help

RICHORBILL

Chimp
Sep 26, 2003
England
dont know the answer mate but they make a ton of brackets to fit all sorts of mounts, if your hayes caliper is the 74mm type which just bolts to the floater and runs an 8" disc then you can just get the 2004 monster mount (as this runs a hayes directly bolted to the fork and an 8" disc)

THIS page lists all the adaptors available for the 6-pot caliper.

Hope ive not confused you too much,
Rich

The Sleeper

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Hi there,
1st post here so it may as well be something I can answer!

I measured mine up, seeing as I haven't mounted them yet, my DH project is still an expensive pile of parts! Anyway, the measurement I got was 56mm.

Hope make the best brakes in the bike world as far as I'm concerned. Everything on them is top notch.......well except the hoses, but I have a set of quality Goodridge braided hoses on order. The standard Hope hose kinks too easily as I found out when trial fitting the lines to my S-Works DH frame. Apart from that they are the best made brakes money can buy period.

Catch ya later.......Joe :thumb: