Quantcast

hopping out of peg grinds

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
could someone explain to me how this is done. i'm learning how to grind, slowly but surely. i've been doing pedal grinds forever on my Fallguy, so thats no problem, but when i feeble on my 20" i cant seem to hop out of it for some reason.

whats the trick?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Other than getting comfortable, maybe you need to get your weight centered more over your bike. When I first was doing feebles I'd simply pull back and lift my front up to get off the ledge. But trying to do feeble/smith combos or feeble/dbl tire I needed to center my weight so that I could hop up. Hope that helps.

chaloots

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
dirty jerz via Bklyn
what are you grinding on vas? coping? or a ledge?
on a ledge if you make it to the end and still have momentum kind of just hold hte front up as if you where manualing off a curb, if youre runnuing out of momentum on a ledge lean slightly where you need to go and bunnyhop off. prob harder to explain than do.

owls head friday?

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i'm talking about a flat ledge. i have an idea about how to do it, i just need more practice i guess.

i'd love to do owlhead friday.... my schedule is a bit hectic nowday - i'll let u know.

plegs are sooo silent its freaky - i think i need to get some loud steel pegs next.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
^^^^^ plastic is for credit cards and tits. steel is the only way to grind. plegs sounds silent and freaky cuz it's not natural:plthumbsdown: