Quantcast

horribly simple iPod question

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok - i don't recall seeing this as a problem w/ my wife's 30GB model, but for some reason i can't seem to figure out w/ my 80GB model....here's the problem:

using iTunes, i created a playlist.

how the hell do i access that on the iPod?

seems super simple, i know, but there's no 'playlist' option @ the top menu.

:disgust:

i did find the playlist names under slideshow > music, but selecting them didn't do anything. wtf?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
why? i did reset it a couple of weeks ago, after it froze and i couldn't turn it off.

seriously, everyone does f;in jumping jacks about how intuitive and easy to use iPod/iTunes is, but i've found it to be frustrating in the extreme.

is it because i've elected to manually control my iPod?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
**** that. i spent about 5 nights manually loading all the tunes i wanted on the machine, and if i click the 'sync' box, it tells me it's gonna wipe my iPod clean and match it to my music on the PC. well good luck; i've got a gazillion songs on my PC, how would it know which ones to pull in?

and there's no way i am syncing. none.

fvck steve jobs in the apple.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
**** that. i spent about 5 nights manually loading all the tunes i wanted on the machine, and if i click the 'sync' box, it tells me it's gonna wipe my iPod clean and match it to my music on the PC. well good luck; i've got a gazillion songs on my PC, how would it know which ones to pull in?

and there's no way i am syncing. none.

fvck steve jobs in the apple.
Apple Store in town?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not that close, but i may need to swing by.

i was making a playlist for spin class tonight, and wanted the instructor to use it. it was a good one, too

Young Generation Dub 2:34 Augustus Pablo
Lord of the Thighs 4:14 Aerosmith
1970 4:58 Boris
Honky's Ladder 4:16 Afghan Whigs
Sleep! 2:42 Big Black Racer X
Mother 3:24 Danzig
Rise Above 2:26 Black Flag
Casio 3:59 Black Helicopter
Heavy Soul 2:08 The Black Keys
Six Barrel Shotgun 3:06 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Electric 1:45 Boris
Night goat 4:41 Melvins
Hey Blondie 4:31 Amon Tobin

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
why? i did reset it a couple of weeks ago, after it froze and i couldn't turn it off.

seriously, everyone does f;in jumping jacks about how intuitive and easy to use iPod/iTunes is, but i've found it to be frustrating in the extreme.

is it because i've elected to manually control my iPod?

I had to laugh when I got my little Ipod and the instruction card had a list of functions to check batter life, enter lock mode etc that consisted of holding certain buttons down while jumping on one foot and other impossible actions. Hell even getting it to play after turning it on requires you to hit the play button several times. Intuitive my ass, it is great for working out though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Amazing what the help file contains, isn't it?
help file on the machine?

er, no.

ok, jobs-apologist, i've got another question...say i'm playing some song, and i want to find out what track # it is, and what year it was released (all ID tag info contained in the mp3). how do i do this if the iPod isn't docked to a computer, and running iTunes?

right now, all the info which i can see is track name, artist, album, and artwork. oh, and whatever rating i assign it.