Quantcast

Hot Hot Hot

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Uh, we've have over 40 days in the triple digits. Coming up on the new record. We started our ride at 104F last night, but it ended with bacon:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
We ride early (except the tuesday night ride and imbibes).

I go out with 130+ ounces and clean it out out after 4 hours and 20+ miles of xc riding.

Beer always afterwards.

Having been raised in chicago and riding a bike even when it was 20 below to get to work, this is heaven.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
We ride early (except the tuesday night ride and imbibes).

I go out with 130+ ounces and clean it out out after 4 hours and 20+ miles of xc riding.

Beer always afterwards.

Having been raised in chicago and riding a bike even when it was 20 below to get to work, this is heaven.
How's the humidity? That's the real killer. It's been 95-100* with 80-90% humidity.......teh suck.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Vancouver has been setting records all week. It hit 30 at 9:00am the other day. Ridiculous. My place is an oven.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
In Boone our high temp has been 85 too...well 84.9 to be specific. Of course the humidity all summer is averaging out to 75%.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
It must feel cooler when you are home all day. :D

Perhaps my humidity number is high, but it's f*#king hot. Period.
Not even this hellhole is that bad, and that's saying alot.

Though it seems that anything is possible...

wikipedia said:
Outdoors in open conditions, as relative humidity increases, first haze and ultimately thicker cloud cover develops, reducing the amount of direct sunlight reaching the surface; thus there is an inverse relationship between maximum potential temperature and maximum potential relative humidity. Because of this factor, it was once believed that the highest heat index reading actually attainable anywhere on Earth is approximately 160 °F (71 °C). However, in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on July 8, 2003, the dewpoint was 95 °F while the temperature was 108 °F. The heat index at that time was 172 °F (78 °C).