Quantcast

Hottest frame color ?

Oct 9, 2003
So I want to get my Rhythm repainted. I'm thinking mat raw, UPS brown or gloss black. Any suggestions?

Here's a pic (lowering the DJ3 to 80mm, so don't bother ;-)

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Someone always has to say "does it come in rootbeer".

Id say the UPS Brown and get some gold or yellow letters put on there. That or do like a copper orange with a nice deep flake.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
A buddy of mine got his bike done up a few years back with that car paint that changes color every time you change your viewing angle. It was impossible to name what color it was. He had lots of clearcoat on it and it was freaking awesome!! Super expensive paint, but worth it.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
jaydee said:
A buddy of mine got his bike done up a few years back with that car paint that changes color every time you change your viewing angle. It was impossible to name what color it was. He had lots of clearcoat on it and it was freaking awesome!! Super expensive paint, but worth it.
One of my friends has an old FSR with that paint, it changes from green to purple depending on what angle you look at it from.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
For a steel bike, clearcoat only will always be my fav. For al I like white. A friend of mine had a white M1 with all black parts for a couple seasons. It wasn't intentional, white was the only color Intense had and the Boxxer he already had was black. It looked awesome. Way better than anyone thought it would when it was a pile of parts. For next year I want a white M3 with white 888. It'll be my James Bond bike :thumb:

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
i love that green that giant is using on the reign. matte black or olive drab greens are awesome. remember that wood print that cannondale put on a bike a couple years back. that was tight

Oct 9, 2003
Yeah I thought about british racing green and orange. But brown is still reeeaaaly nice. I've already owned a gloss black and a mat black bike, so I i think a want to try something else.

I found this picture of the Gimp a couple of years back in mat clear, which looks cool. My friend has a UPS brown BMW, which obviously looks awesome.

Attachments

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
British Racing Green with Black wheels and a few small gold details (Headset, Hubs and some hope brakes maybe) would look fully awesome!

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
leave it the way it is. or go with something extreamly bright almost blinding. otherwise i dont see it being worth it.

Braw

Chimp
Oct 7, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Rod, theres far better pics of my rhythm out there... :p
The other photo is my mates DaBomb, together we have the most blingest paintjobs per city in the world! :)

The paint is called 'harlequin' or commonly known as 'chameleon' that is used on show cars generally. It looks best on bigger surface areas.

Attachments

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Orange is cool, but it's gotta be "the right" orange as it's very easy to get an ugly orange. Aside from that, pearlescent (or however you spell it) navy blue is awesome. Those are the only colors I would consider. After that, it's black, sliver/grey, raw, or white. White doesn't sound all that great in your head, but it's damn sexy when you see it.