Quantcast

Housewarming gift ideas

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Our good friends finally got the house they wanted after fighting to get it for the last few months and we are looking for some unique house warming gift ideas. Looking to keep it under $250ish. We were possibly thinking of a big wine fridge since they are wine-os

Ideas?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A single stage bong, a couple grams of Black Afghan Hash, a couple grams of Sweet NYC diesel, and a deck of cards....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Our good friends finally got the house they wanted after fighting to get it for the last few months and we are looking for some unique house warming gift ideas. Looking to keep it under $250ish. We were possibly thinking of a big wine fridge since they are wine-os

Ideas?
A gift certificate to a house cleaning service.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Some sort of art? You can definitely get some decent pottery in that price range. Probably some sort of art by a local, or a photograph. If you have any good photographs of your own, it's even easier. You just need to frame. Framed photos have been my go to gift for weddings the past few years, and they've always been well received.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
lol, RM doing what it does best and not disappointing me.

i have something to add to beans idea that may be useful. the term 'art' is fairly broad (although he gave examples). but what about some sort of wine-related 'art', like vintage wine ads or paintings?

i work at Food and Ag, and everyone seems to go crazy over real vintage vegetable crate labels, framing them and such.

depending on how deep into wine they are, they would already have just about everything a wine drinker would need.. everything except some sweet sweet framed vintage wine ads!

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I wouldn't get them something as big as wine fridge unless you check with them first. As for art, I wouldn't do that either unless you know they have an eye on something specific. There are few things more awkward than having friends spend money on something you don't want.

If they cook, an enameled cast iron dutch oven (like a Le Creuset) has been a good go-to wedding and housewarming gift for me. People will use that kind of thing for years but might not pull the trigger themselves.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
As for art, I wouldn't do that either unless you know they have an eye on something specific. There are few things more awkward than having friends spend money on something you don't want.
True, you do need to know them, and that they'll like it. In my case, since I'm printing my own photos, almost all the money is in the frame. I offer to print off something else for them since it costs so little, but haven't been taken up on it yet.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wish I could get them a gun but they live in NJ and that state has a stick in their ass about guns. I'm helping wire his home theater and going to scope out spots where the wine fridge might work. I'm a man and don't know anything about art so that's out. Maybe a grill? A cast iron Dutch oven sounds interesting but how many things could you use it for?
Strippers and beer could be fun..for one night only. A fancy bong really does tie together though