Quantcast

How about a rate my ride thread...!

Jun 9, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
I'm no riding much lately but still have this two bikes so the only action I can get with them is making a 'rate my ride' thread :nopity:

Pretty much same set-up except fork (the Slider on the LeToy is for sale, a DJ1 is gonna take the place)

The Morphine is my DH bike for the season and the LeToy for Dirt Jump/FR

cheers
Juanjo

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'm sorry man but neither of those bikes make any sense to me. I am glad that you like them and ride them, but there are alot more builds that would make more sense. Forks that big dont belong on a hardtail...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I'm sorry man but neither of those bikes make any sense to me. I am glad that you like them and ride them, but there are alot more builds that would make more sense. Forks that big dont belong on a hardtail...
:stupid: 2 SS DC hardtails don't make too much sense to me.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Cut the guy some slack, he said that he is replacing the slider with a dj.
Your bikes are cool, it takes some legs of steel to dh on a hardtail.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
'Rating' bikes is too subjective...

If you like it, stick with it and don't worry about what other people think or say.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i really have loads of respect of these ppl who ride dh on hts, but i really wonder whether they use up full travel? or is it only for hucks?

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Man these guys are kinda harsh......

Remember guys this is a guy that gets his salsa from New York City.:rofl:

Hey man I like your bikes , don't think I'd care to ride em but I like them none the less :hot:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I'm curious as to why you'd run no front brake on your 24" HT. I know you can do it for DJing and stuff, but usually, you'd be running a SC fork. TBS, I think that the Dirt Jumper will make that into a really fun bike to ride.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Laaz, I give it 8/10. Not the best setup for my area although I'm sure it works great for you.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
DH biker said:
Since this is a "rate my ride thread," why don't more people post pictures and there will be more bikes to rate.
bikenweed said:
You should ride for yourself, not for the approval of others.
I love this bike and ride it every moment I'm able. Don't mind showing it off, either.

Nice hardtails, ECH. Not my stylee, but I've seen what you can do on 'em. Props.

kohoy

Chimp
May 1, 2006
Your hardtails look cool man... although they are not of my style... anyway...here's mine...
DHi for DH, Da bomb for DJ and FR

BTW: lux.... good to see more Monster T here....hehe

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
RD3 said:
it takes some legs of steel to dh on a hardtail.
never really seemed that difficult when i did it last season. 4 days straight at attitash and i didnt get all that tired. maybe its because im kind of slow, but still, i was keeping up with the rest of the people i was riding with.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
gnurider1080 said:
never really seemed that difficult when i did it last season. 4 days straight at attitash and i didnt get all that tired. maybe its because im kind of slow, but still, i was keeping up with the rest of the people i was riding with.
No, it might not be hard but it's boring as **** compared to having a full DH bike.

kohoy

Chimp
May 1, 2006
gnurider1080 said:
is it going to be difficult to use a hardtail doing dh really depends on the course and speed you're going thru it.... I used to do a lot of dh using my dabomb molotov with judy xc fork before I bought my DHi... it's actually easier to handle then a full DH bike for example going thru high speed turns....

Jun 9, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
kohoy said:
is it going to be difficult to use a hardtail doing dh really depends on the course and speed you're going thru it.... I used to do a lot of dh using my dabomb molotov with judy xc fork before I bought my DHi... it's actually easier to handle then a full DH bike for example going thru high speed turns....
some of you guys are funny but you man don't know what you are talking a obout...

I was DHing with my fully last season untill in the midle on the season I crack the frame so I start DHing with my HT and let me tell you... IS MUCH MORE FUN THAN WITH THE FULLY, that's why I build another HT now.
Put it together bro.

cheers

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
You bike rating fella's wanna go onto MBUK's website and play rate my ride with all the 8yr olds jerking one out over pics of M3's. Grow up and go ride your bloody bikes instead of polishing them/showing em off.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
take my chain off and it would be.

i broke my rear brake and have been

doing the hard core bmx thing.

i like it but miss having them when i want

to charge a new jump line.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
EastCoastHucker - Nice rides, but you had to know that people on this board were going to be critical of a DH style HT.

My rides

DH/FR:

Street/DJ: